U-Know! Forum »
grin

45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Re: flying and poverty
Mar 09, 2009, 21:44
"If you think of three days there and the same back, then that's a week of holiday. So whislt the flight would be cheaper, there'd be all the costs of hotels and whatnnot at the other end to factor in, whereas in the train scneario the journey would *be* the holiday."

I enjoyed doing that when I was a student but why would anyone want to spend 3 days travelling to Morocco by train and back and spend 1 day there when they can get there quicker and cheaper and spend 7 days there? It's a beautiful country and planning ahead, the riads and hotels are very cheap for families. Why waste time cooked up on a train travelling though what mostly equates to modern industrialised cities and landscapes (apart from the journey through south Spain) and paying out more expenses in the process and then only having enough time for a cuppa of mint tea in Tangiers before returning?
It's a good journey for some but for most families, I'm sure the expense, travel time and the extra hassle of being mobbed in the ports of ceuta or Tangier for the sake of a few hours does not equate to a 'holiday'.

Most families don't give a shit about the carbon footprint to the point of putting that above putting themselves under undue stress and into debt.

8)
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index