U-Know! Forum »
drop bombs, not acid....

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: drop bombs, not acid....
Oct 25, 2008, 15:04
Phooey to all this. The only way forward is global internet government by Charles Webster Baer.
the dog
the dog
40 posts

Oct 25, 2008, 15:11
the dog wrote:
okay, thanks for that. heres one of the sites i've been looking at, check it out.http://www.barternews.com/trade_exchanges.htm , and here is one for those in the UK that are interested... http://www.letslinkuk.net/ . the more people that use these sites the better, and hopefully you will find them very helpfull.

...and for those of you who have never heard of the bilderberg group, check these sites out... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7856922260210276179 ,http://www.bilderberg.org/ .It's all very scary... so get yourself a cushion to put put on your lap to catch your chin when it drops..
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Oct 25, 2008, 17:02
I used to hang out on the Spanish side and would drift back into my shangri-la in the Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici National Park. I would hermit up there eating berries, stale bread, local sausage and drinking spring water from the ground, for weeks on end. This was in the late seventies, early eighties. I bet the area is now all plush holiday homes and new wide roads. I wish your friends luck.
the dog
the dog
40 posts

Oct 25, 2008, 17:23
laresident wrote:
I used to hang out on the Spanish side and would drift back into my shangri-la in the Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici National Park. I would hermit up there eating berries, stale bread, local sausage and drinking spring water from the ground, for weeks on end. This was in the late seventies, early eighties. I bet the area is now all plush holiday homes and new wide roads. I wish your friends luck.

Ah, that brings back memories of my own freewheelin' past, now thats what I call freedom, living off the land away from the confines of society, absorbing nature in it's finest beauty.. Thanks for the sentiments..
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Oct 25, 2008, 17:43
Popel Vooje wrote:
Phooey to all this. The only way forward is global internet government by Charles Webster Baer.

Ha! I knew that was coming eventually!
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Oct 26, 2008, 00:01
Unlike other former presidents, as far as I know Obama is not connected to any societies or clubs that pull the strings. The current vibe he creates, at least in my part of the US, is of quite amazing hope that the pendulum can be made to swing back to some kind of sanity and voting for a candidate who is not old school/money, not white and talks about re-distribution of wealth is the first step. It would be even more incredible if he were to win by a landslide. If he wins, I hope his opponents can live with it rather than arranging his demise.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Oct 26, 2008, 01:35
laresident wrote:
Unlike other former presidents, as far as I know Obama is not connected to any societies or clubs that pull the strings. The current vibe he creates, at least in my part of the US, is of quite amazing hope that the pendulum can be made to swing back to some kind of sanity and voting for a candidate who is not old school/money, not white and talks about re-distribution of wealth is the first step. It would be even more incredible if he were to win by a landslide. If he wins, I hope his opponents can live with it rather than arranging his demise.

Well, unfortunately, that is what they will do.

Remember that in the entire two terms of Clinton, the GOP really didn't do much except try to sabotage him.

I think the larger public opinion for this kind of thing is exhausted, tho. At least I hope so.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Oct 26, 2008, 10:16
the dog wrote:

I am a plumber by trade and a general builder for the most part. If someone with little money wnts me to change a tap washer, for instance, my fee is a cup of tea and a biscuit if they are available, no call out fee, no charge. This is just one example of many. I spend a reasonable amount of time each year in the pyrenees, on a goat farm where I work for food and a room, nothing else. while down there I will do odd jobs for other local small holding farmers and get paid for that work with cheese, meat and sometimes honey, that I then share with the people I stay with. This is my ethos and I try and stick to it where I can.

I take it unlike many of us you don't have any children you have to tag along with you...or if you do my apologies, but I know I'd struggle.

What you do sounds rather interesting and free but don't fool yourself into believing it's anything other than a lifestyle choice, and fair on you for it, but as that's what it is it really does not give you the right to condescend to others who are honest enough to say 'this is the world they live in'.

You've put some disclaimers up saying you hate capitalism etc, which when it's at it's most rampant we all do (really), but you're supporting the capitalist system just by typing at your computer FFS (even if it's in the Library, Gates or whoever still gets the dough), you're really not 'rejecting' very much as far as I can see.

As for bartering...if ever you take ill (as I seriously did as a child), and you need emergency care I wonder what the going rate for a kidney transplant would be.

Skills swapping etc can work well on a small scale I know, and I think it's a very interesting idea, but in *reality* that's as far as it can be used.

People can, do and are living with with all the 'trappings' and still doing the decent thing and I think you know it really.

x
nigelswift
8112 posts

Oct 26, 2008, 11:26
Skills swapping etc can work well on a small scale I know, and I think it's a very interesting idea, but in *reality* that's as far as it can be used.

Quite. No banks and no money means "exchange" is reduced to a trickle - OK in a peasant culture thousands of years ago but there's too many of us need feeding and sustaining these days.

The point about how would you barter for a medical operation is good. Money is the only way either of pricing things or of having appealing stuff to exchange. Your bag of carrots appeals only to the carrot-challenged, my fiver will buy me anything from anyone.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Oct 26, 2008, 11:42
nigelswift wrote:

Quite. No banks and no money means "exchange" is reduced to a trickle - OK in a peasant culture thousands of years ago but there's too many of us need feeding and sustaining these days.

Yes, and those peasants often died early and painfully, not a life for me I'm afraid. Too mnay people are condmened to a life like that, and none of us likes to see it.

I mention Bill Gates (I don't mind him that much) as an example because everythig we do is touched by the 'banking system' etc even they way in which it allows him to do thing like this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3913581.stm

Can that be a bad thing, at all?

x
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index