Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
red paeony
red paeony
184 posts

Re: Ha ha! This is great.
Sep 04, 2008, 05:02
Holy cow!

I bet MSNBC is crapping their collective trousers!

I saw Obama on 60 Minutes last weekend, and as much as I believe about a quarter of what comes out of politicians mouths, I found him articulate and not without charisma. John McCain falls short on both of these qualities. Not to mention that I disagree fundamentally with nearly everything John McCain represents.

Sarah Palin is a flag waver, but she's no future president. She has a newborn baby with Down Syndrome, a teenage daughter who will be giving birth as she's (potentially) sworn in, and her son is preparing to go to Iraq. I would feel the same if we were speaking of a man. Too many plates in the air.

If the illuminati weren't in control of everything (the presidency is already in the bag. Remember Bush's theft?) I would actually consider registering to vote this time.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Sep 04, 2008, 05:03
Cheered me up. I have been dispairing over the possible nightmare of her running the US when McCain has a heart attack.
All this "god's will" bollocks.
And Cheney frighteningly stirring it up in Central Asia.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Sep 04, 2008, 05:15
Oh but you ought to vote. I'm not a citizen but next time around. I know many Europeans who got their citizenship just to be able exercise that right and not to have it on their conscience when as you say the sad inevitable happens.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sad.
Sep 04, 2008, 08:34
I've just watched Sarah's speech.

Did the job very well, fair play. Said it how it was wanted. Personable, Humorous. (Though it's yet to be seen who she is when she doesn't have speechwriters).

But one sad thing stuck out for me. Loads of talk about energy - independence from foreign sources, opening up new sources - but not a single solitary syllable about using less.

And her audiuence cheered and cheered and cheered like so many fat, ugly, greedy brainless trouts.

:(
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Sep 04, 2008, 12:29
red paeony wrote:
If the illuminati weren't in control of everything (the presidency is already in the bag. Remember Bush's theft?) I would actually consider registering to vote this time.

REGISTER!

VOTE!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!

If you believe there's nothing we can do, then you might as well throw your hands in the air and accept the thugs have won! Yeah, they've had considerable control of the system, but don't assume we can't change that if we all speak at the ballot.

Please, please please, Red, don't surrender to the idea that a McCain win is already a done deal... that's depressing. But more to the point, it's a premature surrender!

If we keep saying that democracy in America is a charade, where do we go from there? Only down.

This election is of supreme importance. We CANNOT blow this one thru apathy or cynical abandonment.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Sep 04, 2008, 14:17
Re: Sad.
Sep 04, 2008, 14:14
Apparently some of the speech was spelled phonetically for her.. nuclear = New-clear. I found her lies to be as worrying as anything else tbh, she did actually support the 'bridge to nowhere' originally, and she also left that small town $20M in debt. Also what she said about Obamas tax plan, I mean wow. However, Biden is going to destroy her in the debate.

But above and beyond that was the shocking racist & jingoistic surrealism of Mitt Romneys speech, and the horror of Mayor 9/11 Rudys "community organiser.. hahahaha". Do these people not realise that not only that they're on TV, but the rest of the world is also watching too ? Seriously, they're all very glad to not have the President at this convention. It was like watching their 2000 convention being rerun. They were arguing for change as hard as Obama is. Acting like the last 8 years have absolutely nothing to do with them, it was the most amazing spin I've ever seen.

Liberals, Liberhuls!!! U-S-A U-S-A. fuck.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 04, 2008, 14:37
"However, Biden is going to destroy her in the debate."

YES!
That (hopefully) is going to be one of the most memorable TV moments of the decade.
red paeony
red paeony
184 posts

Sep 04, 2008, 14:50
Hi HoD,

Actually I was thinking that Obama would be our next prez.

I know I should register to vote, but the last time I did this, within three weeks my home was receiving craploads of wasteful political mail, and lo and behold, a jury duty summons. I can't afford to take time off to serve on a jury, and my work doesn't compensate for it monetarily. (I'd actually be interested if I could afford it.)

So, yeah, ok, I'll give it some serious thought, because I am aware that I'm fortunate in the FIRST place to live in a country that allows voting, and I have a voice, albiet a tiny one.

x
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Sep 04, 2008, 14:54
stray wrote:

Apparently some of the speech was spelled phonetically for her.. nuclear = New-clear

I take it the same help wasn't offered to Bush.
Unless someone had a top sense of humour.
**Now say New-cu-lar.**
Hehe
x
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: McCain isn't just getting a VP...
Sep 04, 2008, 15:32
A proper machine-gun wedding.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index