26 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: Smarter power grids
May 12, 2008, 14:22
dodge one wrote:
I'd offer a point of view here, but... in the past this portion of the website has just been way too volatile. Despite offering what i thought were 'Sympathetic' points of view here, i felt that several people here LIVE for methodically and LINE by LINE, Shredding a point of view. I have allways thought it a very rude thing to do, that. Offer your 'own' thoughts on the matter, and let others do the same. I find what people as individuals ThinK far more interesting than the LINKS they post to, of far more interest. But for what it's worth, i allways like reading post's from 'HANDOFDAVEWORLD'.

Glad to provide- thank you.

I have no problem with a little volatility, or even being drubbed for my opinions- intellectual debate is at the heart of any democratic system. But it seems there are some out there that take an argument about a subject and make it personal, very quickly, and then everything descends into a lot of stupid vitriol.

And then there are the types who, even if you're in basic agreement with them, must vigorously prove that you aren't dedicated enough, or left-wing enough, or whatever. This sort of one-upsmanship gets annoying very quickly.

All I pointed out to ron was that there's a whole lot of work to do here on earth before we can think about lofting some multitrillion dollar moon mission to supply the planet with energy. I didn't expect to be attacked with a cascade of snidely framed flak for it. Says more about him than me, tho.

U-Know! Forum Index