Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Apr 23, 2008, 14:26
Re: why i'm voting BNP
Apr 23, 2008, 14:21
Ah, stoopid naive me.
Bloody hell, didn't know about this.
So was Powell a bit of an 'embarrassment' then?
Did they 'regretfully' get rid?
Afterall someone sanctioned this ( the '64 leaflet), or maybe not.
Maybe politics hadn't got its head round pr in those days.
EDIT: What I mean is perhaps he was reflecting the mood of more or less the whole bloody party. Powell just made it more obvious and nation wide. Here's me giving them a bit credit too.

x
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Apr 23, 2008, 21:06
shanshee_allures wrote:
Was Powell a bit of an 'embarrassment' then?
x

He was indeed, Shanshee.
NyghtOwl
NyghtOwl
119 posts

May 05, 2008, 22:47
shanshee_allures wrote:
As much as I do agree with the gist of what Lee's saying, I don't believe that he saw a Tory political poster with the word 'nigger' on it.

Reading the manifesto's and studying the policies of the Conservatives (they are NOT tories... Tories have not existed since the Whigs existed... "Tory" is a misnomer) over the last 3 decades will reveal a cunning and subtlely-veiled Xenophobia and closet-racism/class-ism; a willingness, if you will, to deny and/or ignore people who are struggling.

shanshee_allures wrote:

But back to the BNP. We've all heard that pc gone mad chestnut, 'Oh they can't sing Bah Bah Black Sheep anymore'. Invented to suit their agenda of course.

Aye... Same as the UK press have jumped on the BS about the EU dictating the shape of bananas (utter bollocks)
Or the local councils *forced* to remove nativity displays to appease Muslim community (utter bollocks - it never happened)
Or local authorities banning the term Christmas or even Xmas to appease the muslims community (utter bollocks - never happened)
Or Muslims asking community (religious) leaders to remove xtian iconography from Easter (utter bollocks - it never happened)

BAN FUCKING NEWSPAPERS! lol

Incidentally - has anyone ever fucked a newspaper? (*_*)
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

May 06, 2008, 18:18
I think 'tory' is a great word for em though, think it means 'thief' in Irish or Scottish gaelic.
:-)

x
Margaret_Thatcher
Margaret_Thatcher
48 posts

May 08, 2008, 00:08
why dont you engage with them and find out? don't speculate!
Margaret_Thatcher
Margaret_Thatcher
48 posts

May 08, 2008, 00:09
and what do you say to them?
Margaret_Thatcher
Margaret_Thatcher
48 posts

May 08, 2008, 00:13
and? are you saying we should spend more time on black over white issues, per month? this is nonsense. Please be clear in your posts...you are communicating with a multicultural, multi-politico audience (ok, I think I made the last but one word up).
Margaret_Thatcher
Margaret_Thatcher
48 posts

May 08, 2008, 00:25
I agree with you measured approach. As you have mentioned Powell, I have to say that I have always thought his infamous speech more reflected the concerns he was receiveing from his constituents on imigration...than anything else.
I read it again tonight...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/11/06/do0607.xml
...so much of what we read and discuss these days, is deliberately taken out of context...but that's politics!
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

May 08, 2008, 15:36
Margaret_Thatcher wrote:
and? are you saying we should spend more time on black over white issues, per month?

What on earth are you talking about? Where did I even imply anything remotely close to that?

The question was put to me (albeit second-hand): "Why don't we have a White History month?" My response (and this is, in my view, a rather uncontroversial point) was simply that "history", as it is generally taught in Europe and America, is almost exclusively the history of -- and from the perspective of -- white Europeans. So the notion of a White History Month is entirely redundant.

It's worth pointing out that my response made no value judgments and didn't recommend we spend more time "per month" on any particular issue or set of issues. I made a cultural observation. You then took my observation, built yourself a straw man out of it, and proceeded to argue with him.

Well, whatever turns you on I suppose.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

May 08, 2008, 17:15
Pretty much what Grufty Jim said. There is no need for a 'White History Month' as there is no lack of 'white history' teaching.It would addressing a problem that doesn't exist.

x
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index