Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Edited Apr 23, 2008, 14:04
why i'm voting BNP
Apr 22, 2008, 16:00
Local issues for local poeple,
Communitys taking control of the local area.
local people first in housing
local people first in health care
sensible immigration controls (ie shutting the doors)

keep britain white!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you see their awful fucking political broadcast on the beeb last night??? ok so i made up the last one, but apart from that. sheesh. whata bunch of inbred, fuckwit, ugly on inside, ugly on out, racist, self serving, stupid, ignorant, mind numbingly ridiculous, twats.....
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: why i'm voting BNP
Apr 22, 2008, 19:22
The manifesto pledge that came with the leaflets we got through read:
**Back to basic education, and none of this trendy pc nonsense**
I take the nonsense in question will be things like the importance of respecting others etc.
We had some eejit's name on a flyer for the council elections last year.
Bastards.

x
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Apr 22, 2008, 19:39
shanshee_allures wrote:
The manifesto pledge that came with the leaflets we got through read:
**Back to basic education, and none of this trendy pc nonsense**
I take the nonsense in question will be things like the importance of respecting others etc.
We had some eejit's name on a flyer for the council elections last year.
Bastards.

x

Stewart Lee's short, perceptive statement on the subject of "this trendy pc nonsense" (or as it's often referred to, "political correctness gone mad") is well worth listening to...

Youtube link
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Apr 22, 2008, 22:33
Quite. Particularly the bit at the end.

Once a year few pricks will ask me at work 'so why do we have Black History Month? Why not white history month? It's racist, PC gone mad etc etc etfuckingc'

x
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Edited Apr 22, 2008, 23:57
Apr 22, 2008, 23:49
I posted an mp3 of that just after it was broadcast. Best thing about it was Germaine Greer backpeddling
it's institutionalised politeness - at it's worst

To paraphrase (yest again on this site) Christopher Brookmyre on Parlabane "Whenever he heard the phrase 'political correctness gone mad' his heart sung, because at least someone was trying to do the right thing".

I'm white, male, middles class (probably), so therefore, part of the most marginalised sector of society - allegedly. Bullhonkey!!!

Vonnegut was a big one for politeness. That's good enough for me.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Apr 23, 2008, 01:32
mojojojo wrote:
Quite. Particularly the bit at the end.

Once a year few pricks will ask me at work 'so why do we have Black History Month? Why not white history month? It's racist, PC gone mad etc etc etfuckingc'

x

I've been asked that as well. My answer is always the same... "When's the last time you actually opened a history book? Because if you ever did, you'd realise that every month is White History Month".
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Apr 23, 2008, 07:22
grufty jim wrote:
every month is White History Month".

I remember there being a protest in Dominica by Rastafarians about 8 years ago. It was seen as controversial that they wanted Dominican kids taught about African as well as European history. This is in a country where about 90% of people are descended from African slaves, and less than 1% are descended from white Europeans.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Apr 23, 2008, 12:35
Don't know if you've seen History Boys on stage or in the cinema but there are some great lines in that including Frances De La Tour's gem -

"History is a commentary on the various and continuing incapabailities of men. History is women following behind. With a bucket".

Give me Alan Bennett over Mike Leigh any day of the week.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Apr 23, 2008, 12:44
As much as I do agree with the gist of what Lee's saying, I don't believe that he saw a Tory political poster with the word 'nigger' on it.
This must've been at least the mid 70s if he was a child (I think he's about 40-ish), and not long after Powell's 'rivers' speech. I'm no fan of the Tories, but Heath, Helseltine and many other have notably spoken of how instantly detested Powell became as a result. Even if he had his closet admirers, I don't beleive the Tories ever used such language in their campaigns. I think we'd all know about it.

But back to the BNP. We've all heard that pc gone mad chestnut, 'Oh they can't sing Bah Bah Black Sheep anymore'. Invented to suit their agenda of course.
Well they do sing this at my daughter's nursery. And they have a girl there whose parents are from Ghana, and she sings it too. I've seen it!
As far as my daughter and every other child there are concerned, they are singing about a farm animal.
I do hope that no local authorities have seen fit to adapt the words, as it does play into the hands of these reactionary a-holes.

x
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Apr 23, 2008, 13:11
It wasn't a national poster - it appeared on the campaign literature of one Tory candidate (who won).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2001/apr/27/race.world2

x
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index