Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Re: International buzz about Obama
Jan 09, 2008, 15:47
nigelswift wrote:
"i hope most people are beyond deciding there vote on an emotional moment on the campaign trial."

Not most, but enough maybe.

Remember Richard Nixon's little doggy, Checkers?

Yeah i'm old enough {oh-dear} to remember that. : )
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jan 09, 2008, 15:59

Really?!
Me too! I thought everyone here were young shavers.
It was nineteen fifty bloody two so I was incredibly young.

A more recent instance was the sainted Diana's telly interview, what a ruddy performance that was...
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Jan 09, 2008, 16:03
nigelswift wrote:

Really?!
Me too! I thought everyone here were young shavers.
It was nineteen fifty bloody two so I was incredibly young.

A more recent instance was the sainted Diana's telly interview, what a ruddy performance that was...

Sorry, i guess i recollected that checkers bit from somewhere, but i was born in 62.
KARL MAX
71 posts

Jan 09, 2008, 16:06
One of many reasons U.S. citizens don't vote might be the process of registration. Since you need to be able to read/write to understand the process that eliminates 28% of US population. Well, that was 28% BEFORE Gawd Tush became chairman of US Inc. Now it's probably worse.
Also, you need to have an address, a verifiable income and never been member or active in any communist organization. (after nineleven that also includes "terrorist" organizations like Students for a free Tibet!!!).

There might also be another reason. I harbour suspicions that Yanks are idiots. Greedy idiots who don't give a shit that they have been plunging the world into war after war since they set the pattern of making money offa it in 1941!
Just like I laugh at Israelis who tell me that their "peacemovement" is really a big thing. Like yeah, you had 50 years of fixing it and the only thing you did was write in the Israeli constitution that Israel is a state for jews only and that the west bank belongs to Israel while killing peasants with guns made in the US.

Do Americans REALLY understand how much everybody hates you nowadays? I haven't been to the US since I moved outta NYC in -97.
And yeah, I moved when I saw what Rudy did to New York. That guy is pure evil. C'mon, how the hell could one of Reagans buttkissing boys become mayor of "liberal" NY?! He promised them more money!

America: Thank you for rock'n'roll. Now you can go die.

PS Don't forget to return the stolen property to the natives in the same condition it was when you took it!

PPS. I'm joking. God bless America! When it comes to Israel I really don't know which God to ask to bless them....
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Jan 09, 2008, 16:12
KARL MAX wrote:
One of many reasons U.S. citizens don't vote might be the process of registration. Since you need to be able to read/write to understand the process that eliminates 28% of US population. Well, that was 28% BEFORE Gawd Tush became chairman of US Inc. Now it's probably worse.
Also, you need to have an address, a verifiable income and never been member or active in any communist organization. (after nineleven that also includes "terrorist" organizations like Students for a free Tibet!!!).

There might also be another reason. I harbour suspicions that Yanks are idiots. Greedy idiots who don't give a shit that they have been plunging the world into war after war since they set the pattern of making money offa it in 1941!
Just like I laugh at Israelis who tell me that their "peacemovement" is really a big thing. Like yeah, you had 50 years of fixing it and the only thing you did was write in the Israeli constitution that Israel is a state for jews only and that the west bank belongs to Israel while killing peasants with guns made in the US.

Do Americans REALLY understand how much everybody hates you nowadays? I haven't been to the US since I moved outta NYC in -97.
And yeah, I moved when I saw what Rudy did to New York. That guy is pure evil. C'mon, how the hell could one of Reagans buttkissing boys become mayor of "liberal" NY?! He promised them more money!

America: Thank you for rock'n'roll. Now you can go die.

PS Don't forget to return the stolen property to the natives in the same condition it was when you took it!

PPS. I'm joking. God bless America! When it comes to Israel I really don't know which God to ask to bless them....

What the fuck? I'll have to step aside on this one. Don't have enough breath to rebuttal on a forum....
KARL MAX
71 posts

Jan 09, 2008, 16:34
HaHaHa!
Woke you up there didn't I?!
It's called "headhumor" and you need to be a "head" to get it.
That pc liberal Nooew Yaaark bs didn't help USA from becoming the worlds no 1 killing machine so maybe America needs to be told what's going on. It's not like you are gonna hear it on FOX!
I think this election is the USAs tryst with destiny. Either the US rids itself of the corporate machinery running the country or it's gonna go the way of Rome, the Ottomans and,yes, Babylon.

BTW my wifes 10 year-old cousin was shot in the head 2 days ago while walking home from school in Baghdad.

And what do you have to say about that? Oh, I'm too lazy to vote?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Jan 09, 2008, 16:49
KARL MAX wrote:
HaHaHa!
Woke you up there didn't I?!
It's called "headhumor" and you need to be a "head" to get it.
That pc liberal Nooew Yaaark bs didn't help USA from becoming the worlds no 1 killing machine so maybe America needs to be told what's going on. It's not like you are gonna hear it on FOX!
I think this election is the USAs tryst with destiny. Either the US rids itself of the corporate machinery running the country or it's gonna go the way of Rome, the Ottomans and,yes, Babylon.

BTW my wifes 10 year-old cousin was shot in the head 2 days ago while walking home from school in Baghdad.

And what do you have to say about that? Oh, I'm too lazy to vote?

You shall speak for yourself.
KARL MAX
71 posts

Jan 09, 2008, 16:58
You shall speak for yourself.[/quote]

Like, yeah.
You might also wanna check up on Brother Theodore....A funny American if there ever was one...Oh sorry he was Armenian!
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Edited Jan 09, 2008, 18:34
Jan 09, 2008, 17:43
Karl marx wrote:
When I become ruler of the universe I will immediatly abdicate in favour of HH Dalai Lama XIV....So vote for me![/quote]

You've got my vote just as soon as i become literate enough to register my liberal New York ass! P.s: i visted stockholm, Uppsala and SIG tuna 2 years ago, nice country! also 1 concluding remark: the U.S. population is 99% literate, not 28 % illiterate as you've described. When making a point it does'nt hurt to have a factual one.
Bonzo the Cat
Bonzo the Cat
138 posts

Jan 10, 2008, 11:05
Not what I would call a subtle pov. I'd say the US didn't do much more wrong than any major European country did the coupe of centuries before. We destroyed our forests, wiped out entire sections of populations (and after all, weren't these "Americans" Europeans in the first place)? What I'm saying: even though I don't like US politics, what's the point about being anti-American? Is it because they have a slightly over-patriotist reflex? Well, if many countries would've had that in Europe, they wouldn't have run into problems with all their nationalist and extreme right-wing parties, who fed on the patriotic tendencies that people couldn't voice. I mean, the whole of European politics is, under influence of past extreme right electoral successes, moving towards the right. And still we shit on the States.

There's one thing that the US needs, and that's MASSIVE amounts of money invested in EDUCATION. And I mean basic-level. Now most cash flows to the pyramid top, such as top universities etc. It's a class-education system. And it costs. Invest there, make it better at the basic level and cheaper at the top level, and in one generation it'll be a much better place to live, because people will be less prone to go fighting some war for oil against some desert dictator who they believe has bombed the WTC. I don't mean just to to read an write, though that's basic, but I mean some real critical thinking. Everybody should be able to read a newspaper from A to Z and while doing so, be able to at least put some question marks with some information - or at least *know* that not all is true what they read, without necessarily being able to say what is or isn't. But how can you expect that, when current education is based on accepting what someone in front of the class tells you and reproducing that. Language and maths are to be learned, but stuff like history, geography, economy, artistic expression... the things you can do with that!

And, mind you, Europe has to watch out, because their education system is getting a bit old-fashioned too, and they haven't moved away from ex-cathaedra teaching either.

But really, holding the US responsible for Native slaughter just doesn't cut it you know - Europe can be held responsible for creating the middle east conflict by putting Israel where it is, prosecuting Jews (Nazi Germany kinda takes the blame, but before that, there was a broad antisemitic basis in Europe), creating the slaughter of Native Americans in the first place (apart from originating from Europeans, remember that the major exploration of the west US was undertaken by Scottish and Irish farmers who had been forcefully driven from heir European lands). No, blamng the US for anything beside their foreign policy is deliberate blindness to what's happened and is happening in Europe.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index