Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: International buzz about Obama
Jan 10, 2008, 17:20
Hey Karl,
You're obviously posting from an emotional place that's quite incensed. I can relate to that. But I want to tell you something. I haven't met a soul on H2H that is in sympathy with any of these horrendous stereotypical portrayals of Americans that you've been so generously supplying. I'm an American, by birth, and I've been voting against the right wing fuckers since I was 18. I personally don't know a single American citizen who fits your cartoon depiction of being murderous, power-mad, racist, etc. Yes, they do exist, and yes, they do rise to the top because they're ruthless.

It's very easy to throw all your ammunition at the USA, as yes, it is guilty of abuses. But let's be a little more objective here. You claim the USA has been responsible for all the world's grief since the end of WW2. That's fucking preposterous and you know it. I'm not defending US foreign policy, just reminding you that there's heaps of blame to go around (you conveniently forgot about the Russians, for example... the Soviet Empire was guilty of murdering millions OF IT'S OWN as well as putting it's clamps on Eastern Europe.

Let's not conveniently forget about the amount of Muslim on Muslim violence, while we're here. Sunni vs. Shiite. Indiscriminate bombings, revenge killings, honor killings... makes your average US soldier look like an amateur.

Lastly, this is a respectful forum. Do us a favor and tone down your personal attacks. This thread is starting to stink like the old Yahoo boards... nothing but ugly flaming back and forth.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Edited Jan 10, 2008, 17:40
Jan 10, 2008, 17:36
KARL MAX wrote:
That is very possible. My ass is known for farting in peoples' general directions. (quoting the Pythons yes I am).

Though, if yanks really cared, why aren't they voting? Why do they say they want peace while they thru greed and laziness support governments that keeps on warring all over the planet?

Could it be that Europe did rid itself of morons and sent them all over to the new world and that is the genepool US got? (and I got that from Robert Anton Wilson)

Am I kidding or...

Again, Brother Theodore. Check him out.
Then you might get what I'm after...

It was just too easy to flush you out for who you really are. I googled swedish racist organizations and found that you are in very good company,Try haunting there blogs instead. You just may find yourself a man without a country.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jan 10, 2008, 17:57
It's not really accurate to say that anti-American sentiment equals racism, as America is probably the most racially mixed nation on the planet.

But I'm really tired of hearing all the ugly stereotyping. Again, I'm not defending the elements in the USA that are guilty of the sins Karl Max enumerates. I'm as vitriolic in my condemnation as he is of those people.

For someone who claims to be so learned, tho, he's apparently not conscious of the fact that he's making a crass generalization of 300 million people based on a minority of Bush supporters.

But I guess that's OK, since it's so fashionable (and safe) to throw all rationality to the wind and paint the whole USA with one brush.

That sort of blanket assumption about an entire continent reminds me of people who think the whole of Africa is one big undifferentiated place, which I'm sure even Mr. Max would agree is a racist conclusion.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Jan 10, 2008, 18:10
[quote="handofdave"]It's not really accurate to say that anti-American sentiment equals racism, as America is probably the most racially mixed nation on the planet.

I was alluding to his comment about the "sending" of european gene pool lowest common denominators here to the states. My guess is he would have gladly sat on the selection board. But really i've jousted with KARL MARX for the last time. No matter what.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jan 10, 2008, 18:20
dodge one wrote:
[quote="handofdave"]It's not really accurate to say that anti-American sentiment equals racism, as America is probably the most racially mixed nation on the planet.

I was alluding to his comment about the "sending" of european gene pool lowest common denominators here to the states. My guess is he would have gladly sat on the selection board. But really i've jousted with KARL MARX for the last time. No matter what.

Yeah, I know what you meant... That sort of talk is EXACTLY the same as what the 'eugenics' activists were pushing back in the early part of the 20th century. Perhaps he's joking, perhaps not. Whichever, it's not very funny... there were thousands of forced sterilizations that were imposed on 'undesirables' back then.

Mr. Max has a big axe to grind, that's for sure. I'm just a bit perplexed as to why he's chosen H2H as a forum in which to find ideological enemies to do battle with. H2H is hardly a stronghold of pro-imperialists.

Some people just itch for a fight, y'know?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Jan 10, 2008, 18:25
Dave, Yer a good fellow!
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jan 10, 2008, 18:38
dodge one wrote:
Dave, Yer a good fellow!

well, I'm really a lazy sod who drinks too much, but thanks... H2H still remains a great place to meet some smart, funny, wonderful people, despite the odd intrusion by a Charles Webster Baer or a Karl Max...

The anonymity of the internet* just seems to bring out the worst in some people, or at least, it takes the brakes off their more aggressive impulses. It doesn't take long for an argument to descend into personal attacks when you don't have to worry about your opponent taking a swing at your head. And so this shit escalates VERY quickly.

*(and tho mr. Max is using his own name, it hardly exposes him to any threat)
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Jan 10, 2008, 18:56
Yeah, i'm with you man. I would like to see this particular thread and others like it to continue. I dunno, i guess i've reached that age where politics concerns me more than my youthfull indescretions used to. But in my whole life i've never enjoyed arguing with loutish boors.Politically these are exciting times.It would seem a good platform,this... for a global opinion of things to come and not to condemn the past. Peace to you all.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jan 10, 2008, 20:35
dodge one wrote:
Politically these are exciting times.It would seem a good platform,this... for a global opinion of things to come and not to condemn the past.

"The Past sure is tense" -Captain Beefheart, from 'Ice Cream for Crow'
KARL MAX
71 posts

Jan 11, 2008, 10:02
[/quote]It was just too easy to flush you out for who you really are. I googled swedish racist organizations and found that you are in very good company,Try haunting there blogs instead. You just may find yourself a man without a country.

[/quote]

Eh?
So now I am a racist? Your googling skills are pretty crappy, since I am the author of 2 books on Tibet, was running the first Asatru´assembly in Sweden since 1909 (Telge Fylking), have a jewish father, am married to an arabic woman, participated in the international genocide exhibition in Sweden in 04 (yes the one the right-wing Israeli ambassador tried to tear down), am a chairman of the Bon society (Tibets indegenious religion), am an indologist student, played in Erkin Koray tribute band Fezmen, works as a dj for the Re:Orient festival annually etc aso.

The problem here is that America is waging war on several countries and outing you for being too staid and comfy to do anything about it.
If the US is a democracy why are you bombing civilians in Iraq if you say you are against it?
The war is real.
People are dying because US citizens care more about the prize of gas than human lives. Go ride your motorcycle! And cling like saranwrap to that biker idiom of "freedom".

I am a citizen of Elgaland/Vargaland. The only sane alternative to the outdated notion of the nationalstate.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index