50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Dec 23, 2006, 16:00
Re: Non-theism vs Theism for the lazy.
Dec 23, 2006, 15:57
Daminxa wrote:

Christians have some sound philosophies, among which is all the do as you would be done by stuff which, although cobbled from Buddhism is none the worse for that and still a good tenet to live your life by imho.

What I hate is being TOLD what to believe and being TOLD how crap Islam is compared with Christianity, or Christianity is compared with Judaism. Equally I hate being TOLD not to believe in ANY kind of deity or spirituality by some arrogant academic Athiest who takes life far too fucking seriously and would do well to find something better to do with his time than piss all over other people's beliefs.

Sound philosophies? Where? Their philososphy is driven by the idea of 'saviour'. The end to their means is avoiding their own death, and it's an awfully selfish pursuit. We can not avoid death, and when you hide behind the veil of 'salvation', that's when people feel vindicated. They can shit all over and do what the fuck they like so long as they square it up with the big man (at the extreme end, yer suicide bombers apply). I think that philosophy stinks. Either way you look at it, it's pretty rotten.
I beleive many academics are frustrated by things like this, and cry the clarion call for the common good in a way.
If your morals don't come from a sense of your self, then that can spell big trouble. It doesn't make you a good person in the least, it means you've mainly taken out a subscription, and you might just forget to check the small print. We need, to be whole people, to find our own ideas of morality.
That's one other reason I have no time for religion. I wish it would go away. Cleanse this world, please!
x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index