Non-theism vs Theism for the lazy.

50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: Non-theism vs Theism for the lazy.
Dec 22, 2006, 09:32
handofdave wrote:

I find miltitant atheists as obnoxious as fundamentalists. The absolutist belief that there is no god is just as stupid as the belief that there is one who favors humans who adhere to certain narrow doctrines.

I would never be so bold as to declare that there is no God. I simply don't have any way to prove it.

Of course it can't be proven, but I do hope that there isn't one, because it is fundamentally bad for us.
The idea of 'forgiveness' for one expunges our duty towards guilt. We NEED guilt, we need to feel it and deal with it in real time. It can teach us great lessons in how to treat people. Having some ethereal character forgive your sins when you haven't truly realised what a prick you've been does nothing for your character and ultimately less for humanity.
I think most of us are decent in our way, but we do stray from that and we need to suffer, reflect, learn, and move on.
Also, would you want to be surveyed all the time?
I don't however, fiind militiant atheism that obnoxious. Is there a Santa Claus? Can you prove there isn't?
That aside, christians tend to be smug bastards, and I resent that one. Dunno how much America has heard of Cliff Richard (hopefully for your sake, not), but he's one of those christian fuckers who reckons he's EARNED it. There is the belief that if you've dared to fail in life, god won't let you into his club.
Just check all the old shits who go to church, all in their Sunday best...
BTW, have a Merry Xmas (going by our man Jon Stewart, the 'Happy Holidays' message is more favoured over there?)
x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index