40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: God made me do it
Mar 15, 2006, 19:26
"worship Him in a way that suits your style"

The Bible says nothing about it suiting your style. It says you should obey and woship Him, full stop.

"choose to follow his teachings, but not to exact circumstances"

If you don't follow his teachings 'to exact circumstances', you’re not actually following His teachings, or at least choosing which teachings to follow and which to ignore. God didn't say anything about being able to pick and choose. The first commandment is to obey Him. Jesus said there are but two commandments, and the first is to love Him with all your heart, to be obedient to Him, rather than to be obedient to the bits that you like and ignore the things He commands that don't fit with your lifestyle.

"like I said, The NT is all about agapea, and I feel that God would now be more accepting"

This doesn't answer the question. How can one mere mortal presume to know which bits still apply and which don't? Just because society's ideas have changed doesn't mean God's have. He punished Ninevah and Sodom for doing the kind of thing we're doing.

"if He didnt want this to happen in society then he would make it not happen"

The Christians who support Bush are right, then. The invasion of Iraq is fine. It's what's happening in society, so it's God's will.

Are you sure about that? I refer you again to the many examples of God smiting unrighteous societies.

"I believe God will soon come down to Earth, within the next 150 years and I therefore believe that these rules will be changed for modern day society."

Let's say you're right about that. Surely those new rules do not apply before they are given. Furthermore, you do not know what the new ones will be, and so you’re being blasphemous second guess God before He acts.

"I choose my partner over anyone else, even God."

That is clearly blasphemy. It is also unquestionably unChristian.

"why shouldn't we share everything we have with each other?"

Because the Lord expressly forbids it.

"What differences does it make if we slept together on the first date and married 5 years later or slept together the night of the wedding?"

I don't know either, I actually think the Bible's a load of made up junk used by patriarchal priests to exert control over those around them and find it laughable that a creator of the entire universe would have a prudish interest in my sex life.

However, for those like you who know it to be the Word of God, it's the only book that matters. And it is very clear, you are not to question the Lord, you are just to love and obey Him. He does not explain all things - this is what we mean by having faith and trusting in Him.

If he says no fucking before marriage, that's the way it must be. Do otherwise if you like, but prepare for eternity in a lake of fire.

"Can I just add, I did not sleep with him on the 1st date"

Wouldn't bother me at all if you had. Go to fisting parties with 50 total strangers for all I care. I think it's your body, your choice. However, God has very different ideas. And if you think you've got to answer to Him, you've got to play by His rules. Which you, and those who fuck on the first date, and indeed those at the aforementioned fisting parties, clearly do not.

"if we are to love one another then doesn't that mean accepting social change" "I do not know 1 Xtain who follows everything down to a tea!"

Indeed, we are all sinners. But there's a difference between trying to resist sin with repentance when you fail and what you're saying which is we should revel in what the Bible decrees as sin because other people around us are doing it.

"I do believe it to be, it's just, like most Xtains, we have issues with social times"

Which is why the Lord gave His word to guide you through; hold to it and be saved. Disregard it and be denied life eternal.

As Bill Hicks said, an eternity of torment awaits all those who question God's infinite love.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index