U-Know! Forum »
God made me do it

40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: God made me do it
Mar 09, 2006, 05:49
Well that's good! Another thing that annoys me is the fundamentalist ideal where they have to 'save' people by converting them. And how they demonise other beliefs. The thing I've found in all religion, whether 'pagan' or monotheistic, is that they all have a central God anyways. And there's similarities. Not that I'm for the idea of merging creeds or traditions into a 'New Age' global village...

I was never an atheist. I could never understand that at all personally. Of course maybe there isn't really a God, and that it's all between our ears, but I'd rather not think of such a thing.

For awile I was a Satanist though. I was so angry at Christian hypocrisy I couldn't bear the thought of a belief like that. Of course looking back I think it was kinda childish... I think now I'm more accepting of Christianity as a purely spiritual thing instead of something judgemental. Maybe I'm now more like a Gnostic?

Y'know the Bible can be a good book, but in it Jesus himself said man doesn't live by bread alone. It's not so much the silly rules in the book, it's the idiotic idea that reading it is what makes you spiritual. No book is going to tell you how to be spiritual, and certainly not make you spiritual in itself.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index