ID cards

56 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jason lives
jason lives
177 posts

Re: ID cards
Feb 15, 2006, 14:46
"The most cctv'd nation in Europe. Phone taps, e-mail taps. Internment. Illegal wars. Subsidising environmentally damaging projects in the third world. Selling weapons to despotic nations."

The most cctv'd nation in eutope? so what, If i was mugged, or attacked, or in any way a victim of crime I'd be delighted that there was cctv footage to help convict the bastards. As for the rest, important but not relevant to id cards.

"These are not the actions of a good government and not one that I trust to have a database containing everything about me down to my dna."

Why? what do you do that's so interesting to them?

"I know who I am. There are umpteen ways to identify that. ID cards won't stop terrorism, won't stop crime and won't stop fraud."

They may help to stop fraud, and they may help to stop terrorism, they certainly won't make it any worse.

!"The government is desperate to force these cards on us and if nothing else, THAT is reason enough to oppose them."

And what if the government was desperate to force a better health service, or a ban on hunting, or deseperate to de criminalise certain low grade drugs. would we wnat to stop that just becuase a government is keen to get it through? I can't see that a government wanting it makes it bad.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index