U-Know! Forum »
God Bless America

Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mole
210 posts

God Bless America
Jan 17, 2006, 13:04
"From 1945 to 2003, the United States has attempted to overthrow more than 40 foreign governments, and to crush more than 30 populist-nationalist movements fighting against intolerable regimes.

In the process, the US bombed some 25 countries, caused the end of life for several million people, and condemned many millions more to a life of agony and despair
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: God Bless America
Jan 17, 2006, 15:23
And while we're on the subject, why is it very naughty for other countries to aspire to nuclear weapons when America has enough to blow the whole planet to smithereens? Why IS that? Why don't they see the hypocrisy? I just don't understand. Sometimes I think I should just go and live in a shed in the middle of nowhere and leave the world behind.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Jan 17, 2006, 15:40
Silly Rhiannon.

The US nuclear arsenal is there as a deterrent to nations who might otherwise cause strife around the world. If those nations had nuclear weapons, they'd use them to attack. The US would never do that. Except against Japan.

The US missiles aren't called peacekeepers for nothing.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jan 17, 2006, 16:24
Ah. right. I feel a lot safer now, thankyou. It's a good job America has a grown up and responsible attitude when everyone else really can't be trusted with tying their own shoelaces. It's like a benevolent god smiling kindly down on us all and waving its finger 'uh-uh' when we get a bit naughty. God Bless America indeed.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Jan 17, 2006, 16:33
If we were to kneel and bow, then just stay on our knees, I'm sure that would be for the best.
Genereth
33 posts

Jan 17, 2006, 16:43
I read an article the other day about how the CIA gave blue-prints of a simple nuclear device to Iran apparently BY MISTAKE! If these idiots in so called 'intelligence' are giving away nuclear blueprints to Iran then it seems a little pointless to try to now prtevent them from arming themselves. The idea of nuclear weapons as a deterrant is just ridiculous. The fact that a country has nuclear weapons makes it a potential threat and therefore a target. If a country does not have nuclear weapons there would be no point in destroying it completely. 'Ahhh but what about Japan 1945?' I hear you ask - Its a different world now, we have much more of an idea as to the destructive capabilities of nuclear weapons. They are no longer a secret superweapon capable of ending a prolonged bloody conflict with a fanatical enemy as they were in 45.
jshell
333 posts

Jan 17, 2006, 17:58
Genereth, what are you talking about? "A country is only a target because it has nuclear weapons"!!! Jeezus wheel-spinning cruciforms! The only reason we're still here is that we have these weapons. There are countries that hate us, and would anihilate us if they possibly could. China suggested a pre-emptive strike to the Russians in the 60's as they felt they would have more survivors left afterwards. It was the Russians chickened out. That wasn't coz they were scared of us, they hate us. Nukes may be utterly distasteful, I for one think so, but today they are a neccessity for freedom.
Genereth
33 posts

Jan 17, 2006, 18:15
I see your argument but I dont agree with it I'm afraid. If a country has no nukes its not a nuclear threat to a nuke holding country. Mind you a country with nukes (say North Korea) is going to make another nuke holding country (say America) think twice about 'going in'. So perhaps they are a deterrant of some sort, but I dont think that justifies their proliferation. No one would win in a nuclear war anyway as it would quickly escalate into a global nuke chucking match. You would just have the satisfaction of knowing, as you sat covered in burns in the smouldering remains of your civilisation, that your weapons had contributed to your enemies similar condition. Ban the Bomb I say!
jshell
333 posts

Jan 17, 2006, 18:26
Yes, Ban the bomb, if both sides do it at the same time. Otherwise, better look out yer 'factor 10000'! Seriously though, a country like Iran, Libya, China, North Vietnam or even perhaps Russia now, if they had the chance of clearing us and the US out, you think they wouldn't? If you don't, you're very short-sighted. They don't hate us or find us a threat for holding nukes, they hate everything about us - particularly the Communist and fundemental Muslim countries.
Genereth
33 posts

Jan 17, 2006, 18:41
Hate is not perhaps the right word. Mistrust, fear perhaps. But it is not impossible for two opposing sides to work out disagreements by other means. I read somewhere that in the last days of the Soviet Union, Gorbachov contacted Ronnie Reagan to say, 'We are collapsing, soon all our nukes will be up for grabs to the highest bidder. How about we do a mutual scrapping exercise to dramatically reduce both Russian and American nukes to make the world safer?' and Ronnie's reply was ... 'No way dude, sorry and goodbye! We are on top now' - but now they are shitting themselves cos all this old russian hardware is falling into the hands of so called 'rogue states'. Christ how did we ever let such madmen take control?
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index