U-Know! Forum »
Top Scientists Validating the Supernatural Univers

45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lugia
970 posts

Synchronicity
Jan 06, 2006, 01:20
Now, yes, I'll have to agree with Carl Jung and many others and say that there IS something to that. I've had enough synchronistic things happen in my own life to think that these constitute something beyond 'coincidence'. However, as to what makes synchronicity 'tick'...no one can quite be sure as such.

Some of it may simply be perceptual, as in the concept that, in quantum mechanics, observation determines eigenstates. This would tend to fit with the Buddhist view of 'reality' as a consequence of 'mind'. But at the same time, most modern Buddhists will be just as quick to point out that there are certainly quantifiable things in 'reality' that go beyond simply being resultant in our own observations. For example, gravity certainly exists, otherwise what would be the point in trying to defy it? Synchronicity probably fits into this, albeit in ways more subtle than something like apparent 'constant forces'. But as for being able to scientifically quantify/qualify it...that may either fit into the 'not as yet' zone, or into a 'not possible' zone, such as being able to observe that quantum phenomena are simultaneously particles and waves at the same time.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index