Top Scientists Validating the Supernatural Univers

45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Re: Top Someones Validating Something
Jan 05, 2006, 13:05
I completely concur with you Lugia. The 'top scientist' bit of the thread title is extremely misleading. The use of 'zero point' in the first sentence kind of gives the game away that this is not serious science. Seven missed out the word 'frontier' as in 'top frontier scientists' as in loonies with no scientific background.

'Nothing travels faster than the speed of light.' Sorry, how is this news ? I do understand that there are arguments that the theoretical (<--note, theoretical) particles Tachyons can travel faster than light. Saying/proving that something can travel faster than light would be news, very big news.

So.. anyway, I did some research on the book/author this blog discusses. Well,
http://www.wddty.co.uk/thefield/noflash/faq.asp?q=9
I don't call those serious experiments, or rational conclusions. REG machines ? What ? Also, the healing experiment. Erm... couldn't we dream up something philosophical around Jungs principa that equally explains that, or moreso, a christian 'it were Jehovah Rothi that done it mate' explanation. Both of those are equally rational to the 'it was the ZPF'.

Every other conclusion emerges in many, many theologies and philosophies in one form or another. This does NOT mean it's right, it just shows how some hack can throw disparate axioms together and sound reasonable if they don't have to do any proper science.

As Lugia said, science means employing scientfic method, not investigative journalism of what non scientists are doing. Give us a whiter paper, the underlying math that somehow links conciousness to say..ooh.. M-Theory for example and they've got a goer.

Don't get me wrong, I am an intensely spiritual person. I believe strongly in some form of all the conclusions they make of their ZPF silliness. I am also however an information theorist/category theory maths head so get uppity when people claim science and don't even seem to know what a dataset is, let alone how to analyse one meaningfully. These kind of books do noone any favours, except the authors of course, I believe there's an interview with her on 'coasttocoast' radio, nuff said, must go grab it. ;)
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index