U-Know! Forum »
Top Scientists Validating the Supernatural Univers

45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lugia
970 posts

Re: Top Someones Validating Something
Jan 05, 2006, 21:17
No, you need not be any of those things to do those things. That's what being an 'end-user' is about. However, it TAKES those skills in order to COME UP WITH those things you mention...and it takes proper scientific method in order to make proper science. Simple as that.

What you're postulating there is something along the lines of what the fundie evangelicals do: the idea that some variant of 'faith' will make everything OK. That's not science. Courts of law have said so, in fact.

I agree with Leonard. I would LIKE to see some of this work. But it seems like every time these postulates have to stand up to proper science, using proper math, proper method, proper equipment, and the like, they all fall apart like the ill-conceived concepts they are. And I do think there are breakthroughs in PROPER science that still remain to occur, and some of these may well bring us toward what, right now, is 'fringe' work. But until proper and provable scientific method can be brought to bear on these matters, they're still blue-sky fringe material, and the domain of con-men, crackpots, and stone crazies.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index