U-Know! Forum »
anti-vivisectionists on medication?

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
BSSM Steiner
63 posts

Re: anti-vivisectionists on medication?
Sep 07, 2005, 11:03
i understand and agree with your point about the conditions and treatment of the animals prior to testing but re: the continuous testing of already 'safe; medicines, does that mean you do use medicines that were tested on animals in the past?
dee
1955 posts

Right on nat! Fuck animal abuse. Isnt it time we evolved beyond this belief that chemicals are going to save us and that humans are the dominant species and we can do what we want to every thing else. We're all in this world together, animals and plants and all, there are alternatives to these ridiculous tablets and chems people fill themselves with each day, i reckon these cause loads of health problems in themselves.
BSSM Steiner
63 posts

i understand and agree with your point about the conditions and treatment of the animals prior to testing but re: the continuous testing of already 'safe; medicines, does that mean you do use medicines that were tested on animals in the past?
dee
1955 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 11:59
Just what is your point mate? Ive been a vegan for 15 years and im just trying to get on. Ive had years of people trying to "test" me ie. would you eat meat if you were starving blah blah, animal experiments are wrong, end of story
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 12:39
Based on...........?
BSSM Steiner
63 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 13:05
sorry, i was just trying to open an intelligent discussion about vivisection. i've clearly come to the wrong place.
BSSM Steiner
63 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 13:08
you're not going to get much intelligent discussion there mate - elsewhere dee has infromed me that 'animal experiments are just wrong. end of story'. that's the kind of rigorous reasoning that really sets my brain alight!
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 13:15
Yep! theres nothing like making a broad assertion and claiming it as fact. I'm happy to listen to anything anyone has to say if they have something factual to back it up .

Can you guess if I'm religious or not? ;-)
Cleira
Cleira
269 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 13:24
Its not that simple though, is it?
Valuable new medicines are being developed all the time. There are plenty of people who would happily take one that hadn't been tested on animals, but we are not given that opportunity. People are willing to risk their own safety for a possible cure, especially if it means avoiding animal testing. But it has been decided by others that we are not to be allowed to make that choice.
dee
1955 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 13:55
clearly!
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index