U-Know! Forum »
anti-vivisectionists on medication?

Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
BSSM Steiner
63 posts

anti-vivisectionists on medication?
Sep 05, 2005, 17:29
hi everyone - with the recent closure of the animal testing lab in...er...actually i can't remember where it was...but anyway, i was wondering if anyone out there who is an anti-vivisectionist but who - and this is the clincher - uses medicines tested on animals, could explain their position.

this request is out of genuine interest cos it's a position i don't understand and i would like to hear the other side of the argument.

cheers!
dee
1955 posts

Re: anti-vivisectionists on medication?
Sep 06, 2005, 10:59
Are you sayin that you support vivisection?
BSSM Steiner
63 posts

Sep 06, 2005, 11:11
for medicines yes, but not cosmetics (although i'm not sure animal-testing for cosmetics is referred to as 'vivisection'?)
dee
1955 posts

Sep 06, 2005, 12:02
why support it? its evil mate. There are plenty of natural medicines out there, these companies are only interested in making money. full stop. Wake up.
Cleira
Cleira
269 posts

Sep 06, 2005, 20:38
I think many of the people who are against medical vivisection but still use tested medications say that they only do so because there is no choice. If you need a certain medicine you are not able to choose a non-tested brand.
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 09:41
You can also choose to use a medication that is no longer being tested on animals. A lot (not all) of anti-vivisectionists (and I include myself in this group) are against the continuous testing of an already working useable medication and are also against the conditions that the animals themselves are kept in. If you're going to cut open a dog and rip it's stomach out in the name of medical research at least treat it with some respect and love before you do it.... and take proper vetinary care of it afterwards, not treat it like shit keep it in a bare kennel with no company and kick the hell out of it everytime it does something wrong.
BSSM Steiner
63 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 10:48
there is a choice - don't use medicines and suffer the consequences.

it's kind of like an arms dealer who says " well, if i didn;t sell them weapons someone else would " . sure, but someone else didn't, -you did. similarly, the anti-vivisectionist says "well, it's not my fault these medicines were tested on animals". true, but that fact remains that they were, and as an anti-vivisectionist, you're morally obliged not to use them.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 10:52
Lemon.
BSSM Steiner
63 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 11:00
do you boycott all medicines tested on animals then?
dee
1955 posts

Sep 07, 2005, 11:03
Right on nat! Fuck animal abuse. Isnt it time we evolved beyond this belief that chemicals are going to save us and that humans are the dominant species and we can do what we want to every thing else. We're all in this world together, animals and plants and all, there are alternatives to these ridiculous tablets and chems people fill themselves with each day, i reckon these cause loads of health problems in themselves.
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index