Galloway actually wanted the oil

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Re: Senate Committee hearing
May 19, 2005, 15:41
He's have a particularly hard time with the US if he came back in the same clothes he went away in.

He'd be in an orange jumpsuit quicker than lazarus off his bed.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

May 19, 2005, 20:28
If Jesus Christ were to stand up today, he'd be gunned down cold by the CIA...
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

May 20, 2005, 10:36
on The The Dole.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

May 20, 2005, 12:05
Last time I saw them play was Glastonbury 2000. Seemed to have lost most of their edge and become a distinctly workmanlike rock band by then, I'm afraid.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

May 20, 2005, 15:33
Disagree. I thought the last album (NakedSelf) was incredible. Exactly the same dark, brooding atmosphere as earlier The The, but with dirty guitars instead of synths. And his lyrics - which were always the high point with Matt Johnson in my view - have lost none of their bite.

Also, having seen them play small venues four times during 2000 / 2001 plus the festie hall, I can only assume that the Glastonbury set was a blip... because they were amazing whenever I saw them.
ron
ron
706 posts

May 20, 2005, 16:19
yeah, but... u gotta admit jesus WAS a pretty cool dude... i mean he was like the "original" anti-capitalist hippie that was about love and peace 'n stuff... and like i was telling merrick the other day... u see where that got him don't cha? nailed to a freakin' cross... u-know?
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

May 20, 2005, 20:17
I happenned to catch live coverage of his speech in its entirety and was amazed (delighted/enraged) to hear his criticisms of the Bush admin. & "neocon" politicos. I wish we had more like him over here, but apparently, we don't. He was inspiring, actually. I'd never heard of him before and can't judge him by his reputation or previous deeds, but his words were like water to a thirsty, dying plant in the U.S. called the truth.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Tony Benn
May 20, 2005, 20:51
A great man of great integrity
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Re: Galloway actually wanted the oil
May 20, 2005, 20:53
Derek Hatton - A Armani besuited twat. I never trusted him in the same way I don't trust Gerry Adams
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

George Galloway
May 20, 2005, 20:54
Jury's still out on GG
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index