U-Know! Forum »
Galloway actually wanted the oil

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: Senate Committee hearing
May 19, 2005, 13:24
Wow, thanks for enlightening me Leonard.
I shall get back inside my huge box full of interesting, engaging,open and humane people (many of them communists) now.
Where are you going to go? Hope yr not too lonely.
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: To avoid any confusion
May 19, 2005, 13:27
...I've spent plenty of time on the left, and I thought I was still there, but you seem to know me better!
I do get exasperated by all the splits etc, when I think politics is/should be rather simple really.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

May 19, 2005, 13:31
Splitters!
Wiggy
1696 posts

May 19, 2005, 13:38
Peoples Front of Judea?!!
;o)
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: To avoid any confusion
May 19, 2005, 13:46
And I certainly did not set out to "insult" you Leonard.
My comment on "schisms" was as "throwaway" as yours about Trotsky - just trying, perhaps unsuccessfully, to defy that other tired old cliche about people on the left being po-faced and humourless.
I've never wanted to burn a "commie", honest - but I have been one.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

May 19, 2005, 14:32
Odd, though, isn't it?

Every time a charismatic left wing figure emerges, it turns out that they're arrogant, self interested idiots. Could it be that Gandhi, if subjected to the same treatment in the media as Hatton, Galloway, et al, would turn out to be a terrorist supporting, financially tied fanatic with terrible dress sense and who probably eats babies.
Wiggy
1696 posts

May 19, 2005, 14:46
Nah, I reckon they'd do a "Michael Foot" on Ghandi.
Wiggy
1696 posts

May 19, 2005, 14:52
I totally agree with you though PMM....it is odd, can't think why that would happen.
What I find really odd is how people don't seem to question it - we just seem to take what's dished up to us.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

May 19, 2005, 15:17
I have no beliefs in invisible sky gods at all, which includes jesus. However, it's always amused me when I've read articles about jesus coming back now and the reception he'd get.

What would Bush & Blair say to him?

I bet Hello would have the picture rights.
Wiggy
1696 posts

May 19, 2005, 15:36
...most candidates for "Messiah" had a pretty hard time off the Romans and their Jewish Quislings I think - I guess things don't change that much.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index