so gay?

63 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: so gay?
Oct 31, 2004, 11:20
I think I know the estate you mean in Roehampton - t'other half used to insulate their lofts on a council contract!

The psycho thing I really sympathise with as I too suffer from crippling depression and you come against all sorts of prejudice for what is essentially a widespread condition.

Mind you, having asthma or epilepsy or diabetes may be more 'socially acceptable' but they come up against it too; a diabetic girl I used to know who never did drugs in her life regularly got accused of being a junkie cos she had to inject insulin from time to time.

I don't always think these throw away insults are meant maliciously, but they indicate an underlying prejudice, as I think someone else said above. Prejudice is the most damaging force and eats away at the fabric of our society, and people should think before they open their mouths. OK, so some people, gay or otherwise, don't find the word 'poof' or whatever insulting, but some people do, and it doesn't hurt to consider other people's feelings. Sorry, sounding like a primary school teacher now but I'm massively sensitive and whilst I apperciate that not everyone else is, I kind of assume that if I wouldn't like a certain word thrown at me, then neither would anyone else. Do as you would be done by and all that - Lordy; sounding like my Mum now, and she used to be a primary school teacher as well!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index