drudion

63 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: drudion
Sep 09, 2004, 12:30
I wasn't in any way suggesting that Islam is worse than Christianity or any other religion as far it being used to justify violence and atrocities. What I was talking about was the incompatablity in my mind of the teachings of ANY religion and committing acts as immoral as these terrorists did in Beslan. I'm aware that American's are claiming God to be on their side as they bomb and kill children in Iraq, as does Israel as they bomb innocent Palestinians too (and vice versa). And I find it equally incomprehensible. It's just that this thread is about Beslan. You only need to look at my reaction to American and Israeli attrocities on this site in the past to know I feel the same way about them. Still, you know all this really, don't you?

I must say I do despair at the fact that it seems the three religions that came from the so called 'Holy land' (ie: Christianity, Judaism and Islam) are the three religions most couched in fear and paranoia and have most often manifested themselves in oppression, intolerance and hatred, leading to violence, principally against each other. What a legacy of perpetual warmongering and venegeance they leave us.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index