U-Know! Forum »
drudion

63 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Spanner
1 posts

Re: drudion
Sep 06, 2004, 06:18
I don't even think the full horror of the events in Beslan have sunk in. I found it really difficult to read about it in the papers, couldn't watch the news and couldn't even listen to the radio reports. Just knowing that kids were being held hostage and subjected to physical and mental torment was too much to bear.

No doubt those captors thought they had a really valid point - fact is nobody will give four fucks for any of them now and they've managed to alienate themselves further still from the international community. Whatever their original grievance, nothing can ever excuse putting innocent people under that sort of fear, and when those innocent people are children it goes so far beyond contempt that the word 'atrocity' just ain't strong enough.

I think Mr Cope is right; these events have changed the world, especially that part of the world, and doubt things can ever be quite the same again. If we can't even guarantee that our kids are going to be safe in school, there really is no hope for us.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index