drudion

63 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: drudion
Sep 08, 2004, 16:43
Peace is too abstract a concept for them to grasp though. Dialogue is beyond them (especially Bush who has trouble stringing a sentance together at the best of times). The wrong people are in charge, simple as that, and I don't even pretend to have even the vaguest idea of what we can do to change that, I mean obviously we don't vote for them but if elections are going to be rigged anyway our votes are worth nothing anyway.

We should be careful, too, if the authorities read this thread and suspect that any of us have ever been to Pakistan we'll probably all be bundled into vans and arrested and held for months on end under dodgy anti-terrorism charges! Not that I'm paranoid or anything...

I have to admit to a horrid inclination to just want to pretend that none of this is happening, to shut myself off from all this horridness and pretend that all is as well with the world as it is here in sunny Sussex. I'm fast approaching the point where I just can't deal with any more of these atrocities and the frustrating, to say the least, responses of the politicians.

Maybe, just MAYBE that John Kerry lad will do well in the upcoming elections and things might just change. Not holding my breath though...
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index