U-Know! Forum »
I make war on this!

37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lugia
970 posts

Re: the logic (sic)
Aug 25, 2004, 17:03
It's not all religions, nor is it all organized religions. The problem is when you get fundamentalist types into the mix who claim to speak for whatever deity is in charge. And that's just not something that ever works...instead, you wind up with a panoply of horrors ranging from the class and race bigotry of Falwell and Robertson to the supremacist attitudes of Wahhabism to the fascistic ambitions of Zionism to the social horrors of these Hudood laws.

But just because these people can't behave doesn't mean all organized religion is bad or dangerous. The Buddhist sect I belong to is one of the largest in both Japan and the USA, and it's quite organized...but you'd never catch it engaging in this sort of madness. Not even close.

I think the problem actually lies down somewhere in the 'genetic code' of the Abrahamic religions...Judiasm, Christianity, Islam...there's something askew in there that promotes this sort of insanity when it's placed in the wrong hands. It inflames the human ego, sets people off on these tangential control trips. And people suffer as a result. Sad...
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index