"innocents" and silly high-horses

51 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: "innocents" and silly high-horses
Jun 24, 2004, 15:44
Well, let me climb down from my tall pantomime horse for a minute!
My response was to the comment about 'liberal lovey-dovey' not solving anything. I interpreted that as condoning the current right-wing thinking, which revolves around pre-emptive attack. If you were proposing an alternative I'd like to hear about it. To be honest, I don't think there is a hell of a lot of liberal 'lovey dovey' attitude on this anyway. I'm no fan of Islamic fundamentalists, and I also have a problem with a lot of muslims who wouldn't necessarily be called fundamentalists but have pretty nasty attitudes to, for example, homosexuality. So I certainly don't have a wishy-washy attitude to them. But then I have a problem with all religions anyway, as I think most of them are far too prescriptive and heirarchical and have caused far more harm than good. And the central tenet of belief in God(s) is something I don't subscribe to. I'm digressing here, but what I was going to say is that it just felt that your comments were tarring all muslims with the same brush and condoning military action against them. I realise now you weren't saying that, but the way you phrased things was bound to provoke a knee-jerk reaction from us liberals!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index