U-Know! Forum »
"innocents" and silly high-horses

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Pierre_Glendinning
16 posts

"innocents" and silly high-horses
Jun 22, 2004, 04:17
Bush is a punk & his regime is ridiculously currupt, and American politics on the whole are bullshit, but I have to comment on all the "don't harm the innocents in Iraq/Afghanistan" posts. many many innocents were killed, injured & horrified on 9/11 2001, supposedly because of their government and it's sins.

every country is, to greater or lesser degrees, represented by it's government --- a complicated issue which we can all discuss later, if you please. if "Afghanistan" can house terrorists guilty of such heinous crimes against innocent people whose only fault was going to work, their citizens should have either rebelled or left the country.

look: aggression is fascist, I breathed a "thank bog" when Reagan died, and America on the whole is a bully, but the religious fanaticism of the Mid-East will never be solved by liberal lovy-dovy. they only believe in killing anyone not like them.
bitteryesbitter
bitteryesbitter
370 posts

Re: "innocents" and silly high-horses
Jun 22, 2004, 04:23
dear pierre. do you really believe that folks in the middle east are only interested in killing anyone not like them??? they've been quite tolerant of others 'not like them' actually. and they do at times kill their own. assholes come in all shapes and sizes, creeds, colors and stripes.

don't let the bad apples spoil the bunch.
Pierre_Glendinning
16 posts

Jun 22, 2004, 04:30
tolerant how? I avoid the news, so this is not a smart ass rejoinder.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2004, 15:17
I'd say it's just a small percentage of the Afgan population. Obviously the news outlets love to inflate the number of terrorists that exist, or say everyone Arabic has to be a terrorist.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2004, 15:19
I meant that only a small part of the Afgan population are probably Al Quida. Sorry to confuse anyone here...
Lugia
970 posts

Jun 22, 2004, 15:44
Please don't confuse 'America' with the actions of a small number of its people who happen to be fundamentalists and neoconservatives who are in power right now.

Likewise, also don't confuse the entire Islamic world with the actions of a small number of its people who happen to be fundamentalists and conservatives who are in power right now, or who have aspirations to power.

This conflict, quite unfortunately, really consists of a lot of people caught between two groups of apocalyptical religious types. In their normal forms, Islam and Christianity really SHOULDN'T be at loggerheads like this, but between such influences as the Waha'abists and the Evangelicals...well, this is the sort of madness you get, with a big pile of unwilling people who don't have the access to the media to make their voice heard on EITHER side caught in the middle. The people of Afghanistan were being just as victimized by a government hell-bent on ignoring the calendar and oppressing its people while complacently allowing their nation to be used as a terrorist playground and while becoming the largest exporter of opium as the Americans are now being victimized by the opportunistic Neocons who're hell-bent on turning the American Constitution into toilet paper and converting their country into an Orwellian fear-driven zone with corporations allowed to run roughshod over everything/one.

Perhaps you SHOULD be paying more attention to the news....?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2004, 15:52
Actually it seems half of America are now loony right-wing and/or fundamentalist.

Come to think of it, I've been so much of a misanthopist I wouldn't care if another 9/11 happened it if it would get rid of more idiots!

No, I shouldn't have said that... I certainly don't support Islamic Fundies at all, but Christian Fundies are as bad. But I don't give a goddamn about this TV-news propaganda shite trying-to-find-a-new-enemy. Frankly I'm disgusted with most of humanity who believe everything they see on TV and who's only opinion they can give is spouting the same rhetoric they heard on the Rush Limbaugh show, with very little insight or real heart at all.

You think Al Quida is the enemy? What about yr own government?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2004, 19:34
Call me a bit harsh Pierre, but I'm so disgusted that I often wish Bush, Ashcroft and Rush Limbaugh were themselves publicly beheaded instead of that Korean (which I just heard about...)

I don't mean Al Quida doing it either, but public citizens like myself. I'm not saying it's right, but that's how I feel right now.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2004, 19:36
Wanna know why I feel this way? Crap like this:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=2&u=/nm/20040622/ts_nm/iraq_usa_dc
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 23, 2004, 01:49
Looks like I scared off Pierre...

Don't miss him really.
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index