From Mad Max to Kook II

43 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Requoting myself from weeks ago.
Feb 25, 2004, 23:37
cos its important. I've no time for anyone who uses words like Pagan and primitive the way a kidnapper uses a ski mask or masking tape.

Is Paganism now an established theology ? What r it's texts/dogma and spiritual heritage ? Or is it just a philosophy ? I'm asking cos you identifiy yourself as a pagan, and I'd dearly love to know what the hell that term means, what is it to be a pagan. does it mean someone who dabbles in any form of philosophy that is non-christian ? Does that make hinduism pagan ? sorry, but grr... I take spirituality too bloody seriously (heh, obviously) and I'm sick of this hotch potch cuddly teddy bear new age collection of weak inconsistent and incompatible ideologies being thrown around as better in someway that say... aetheism or christiantity.

My own personal belief is that god/universe does not take the piss. Everyone can achieve enlightenment and no system/dogma is required. If it were required you would be saying that god/universe takes the piss. I know that sounds taoist, but I'm not. I also dont believe in karma or any form of universal compassion. does this make me Pagan then ?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index