From Mad Max to Kook II

43 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: From Mad Max to Kook II
Feb 25, 2004, 18:15
ermm... sorry to be a pedant and all that. BUT all Mel has done in this film is to tell the Gospels as they are. Any pillock who says it's anti-semitic obviously has no fucking understanding of the gospels. Christ was Jewish for a start. And a lot of his rather lame attempts at creating dogma was pretty poor paraphrasing of the Jewish faith. Or, arguably, the reinterpretation and contextualisation done by the writers of what are the accepted gospels.

Also, the catholic church are totally bloody horrified by this film, this scores positively with me. Anything that fucks off the vatican cant be all that bad. Sure, the prob is the gospels, although they havent changed in written form (much, well, some of the versions in US bibles are a bit fucking odd) a lot of the story gets skated over. Like christ was killed by Jewish people... hmm.. mebbe, this is still up for debate frankly. As is pilates involvement. Go check the gospel of peter, or of thomas for some interesting alternative views. yeah, those gospels arent in the bible they would freak out all the born again paulines after all as well as the established Catholic and Anglican communions. Also the book of enoch (missing from the old testament, unless your eithopian) is well worth a read, but I'm digressing.

no, There is one thing Mel Gibson has done here that in my pedantic mode is worth taking the piss out of. That is the fact that the ppl are speaking mostly in Aramic. Ok, this may be news to some people, but the original gospels were written in Greek. Ok, the ppl in them more than likely spoke aramic. But, if you want to get all fundamental then converting from one language back to another is not the way to get things right is it.

- Stray. Providing fucking weird views on Christianity since 1990.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index