Irish Travellers .

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Irish Travellers .
Feb 14, 2017, 17:49
You have consistently shown yourself to be an arse .
And that is where you do your talking from .
No wonder people just ignore you .
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 18:13
tiompan wrote:
Detail ? Fuck off .

Why should I detail anything for you ?

Fwiw , I know my geneaology , but that is just hearsay ,government certificates (BM&d and censuses ) and material from parish records .You do realise the percentage of errors made, and lies told in government records and censuses , don't you ? I wonder how much of your genealogy you actually do know .
I also know my DNA , that Y and Mt Dna and autosomal , I bet you don't .
The bulk is Scots and Irish ,but that doesn't mean I can understand the detail of academic papers without reading them .

Autosomnal? Something to do with genes I guess.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Feb 14, 2017, 18:21
Feb 14, 2017, 18:19
tiompan wrote:

Listen to gibberish? Apparentely you are the expert who has never seen a stone in his life!

Racist.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Feb 14, 2017, 18:22
Feb 14, 2017, 18:21
tiompan wrote:
The jargon /tech terminology has an oft heard definition for the results of endogamy . One impact in this case is the prevalence of galactosaemia .

What a shame this subject has been hijacked by someone with an axe to grind.
My friend from Derry is over at present and visited me this afternoon so I asked her about this. She told me the oral tradition is that in 1603 when James I came to the throne he started to implement the plantations in Ulster. The Irish clans or Gaelic Irish decided to rise up and traveled down to Kinsale to meet the French who were supposed to be helping them (around 1607). The French never arrived due to bad weather and the Gaelic Irish were routed. This resulted in the Flight of the Earls when all the leaders fled to France and Spain. The Gaelic Irish clans were left leaderless so took to the roads and became travellers. I think the paper you posted the link to does make reference to this history and sets out to prove scientifically there is no ancestoral link with the Roma. The conversation with my friend helped to clarify this in lay-person's terms.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 18:25
Markoid wrote:
tiompan wrote:

Listen to gibberish? Apparentely you are the expert who has never seen a stone in his life!

Racist.

I'm not going to ignore this - Markoid you are out of order. Stop it. I am trying to learn something here and your personal attacks on Tiompan are very much getting in the way.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 18:26
Markoid wrote:
tiompan wrote:

George has discovered over 600 rock art sites in Scotland.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 18:29
I was merely stating facts. My heritage is cool, and I could not give a flying fuck about certain opinions.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 18:31
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Markoid wrote:
tiompan wrote:

George has discovered over 600 rock art sites in Scotland.

And none in Austalasia.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 18:32
Whether I have ever seen a stone or not has nothing to do with you being a complete arse ,who just opens his mouth and blethers shite .

This topic is about Irish Travellers , you don't know anything about them and nothing about their genetics and you never will .
It's like listening to the drunk at the bus station with a huge chip on his shoulder shouting at anyone and everyone .
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 18:35
tjj wrote:
tiompan wrote:
The jargon /tech terminology has an oft heard definition for the results of endogamy . One impact in this case is the prevalence of galactosaemia .

What a shame this subject has been hijacked by someone with an axe to grind.
My friend from Derry is over at present and visited me this afternoon so I asked her about this. She told me the oral tradition is that in 1603 when James I came to the throne he started to implement the plantations in Ulster. The Irish clans or Gaelic Irish decided to rise up and traveled down to Kinsale to meet the French who were supposed to be helping them (around 1607). The French never arrived due to bad weather and the Gaelic Irish were routed. This resulted in the Flight of the Earls when all the leaders fled to France and Spain. The Gaelic Irish clans were left leaderless so took to the roads and became travellers. I think the paper you posted the link to does make reference to this history and sets out to prove scientifically there is no ancestoral link with the Roma. The conversation with my friend helped to clarify this in lay-person's terms.

I don't think he has an to axe to grind with , he's just angry, poor sod .

Yes , it looks like it wasn't anything to do with the tattie famine ,which was often suggested .The plantation might well be the reason .
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index