Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Re: Irish Travellers .
Feb 14, 2017, 18:35
tjj wrote:
Markoid wrote:
tiompan wrote:
You have consistently shown yourself to be an arse .
And that is where you do your talking from .
No wonder people just ignore you .

Listen to gibberish? Apparentely you are the expert who has never seen a stone in his life!

Racist.

I'm not going to ignore this - Markoid you are out of order. Stop it. I am trying to learn something here and your personal attacks on Tiompan are very much getting in the way.

I have not attacked they in any way. Quite the opposite.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Feb 14, 2017, 18:46
Feb 14, 2017, 18:44
tiompan wrote:
Whether I have ever seen a stone or not has nothing to do with you being a complete arse ,who just opens his mouth and blethers shite .

This topic is about Irish Travellers , you don't know anything about them and nothing about their genetics and you never will .
It's like listening to the drunk at the bus station with a huge chip on his shoulder shouting at anyone and everyone .

Really. I am an Irish traveller. I have an Irish name. You are the expert though! Who knows fuck all!
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 18:55
You may have an Irish name , along with millions of others , but your blethering about being an Irish traveller .

Oddly enough I have do have direct relations who were travellers , and not just family legends .
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Feb 14, 2017, 19:03
Feb 14, 2017, 19:00
tiompan wrote:
tjj wrote:
tiompan wrote:
The jargon /tech terminology has an oft heard definition for the results of endogamy . One impact in this case is the prevalence of galactosaemia .

What a shame this subject has been hijacked by someone with an axe to grind.
My friend from Derry is over at present and visited me this afternoon so I asked her about this. She told me the oral tradition is that in 1603 when James I came to the throne he started to implement the plantations in Ulster. The Irish clans or Gaelic Irish decided to rise up and traveled down to Kinsale to meet the French who were supposed to be helping them (around 1607). The French never arrived due to bad weather and the Gaelic Irish were routed. This resulted in the Flight of the Earls when all the leaders fled to France and Spain. The Gaelic Irish clans were left leaderless so took to the roads and became travellers. I think the paper you posted the link to does make reference to this history and sets out to prove scientifically there is no ancestoral link with the Roma. The conversation with my friend helped to clarify this in lay-person's terms.

I don't think he has an to axe to grind with , he's just angry, poor sod .

Yes , it looks like it wasn't anything to do with the tattie famine ,which was often suggested .The plantation might well be the reason .

How patronising are you? I invite you to Glasgow to rec your obviously skewed version of Irish history.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 19:07
tiompan wrote:
You may have an Irish name , along with millions of others , but your blethering about being an Irish traveller .

Oddly enough I have do have direct relations who were travellers , and not just family legends .

They probably cant stand you too!
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 19:08
People with chips on their shoulder often feel others are patronising them.
Never see Mike Leigh's " Happy go lucky " , great scene in it where the driving instructor loses it .

What is skewed about my version of Irish history ?
No bollocks , don't avoid it , just quote where I said something wrong .

btw "apparently " ? , you mean you don't know or is that what someone told you .
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 19:13
Yes , you were blethering weren't you ?

Your'e no more an Irish traveller than Daniel o' Donnel .

Why is that those who can't argue about the topic in question just want to talk about themselves or just attempt to be rude with those that disagree with them .
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 19:15
tiompan wrote:
People with chips on their shoulder often feel others are patronising them.
Never see Mike Leigh's " Happy go lucky " , great scene in it where the driving instructor loses it .

What is skewed about my version of Irish history ?
No bollocks , don't avoid it , just quote where I said something wrong .

btw "apparently " ? , you mean you don't know or is that what someone told you .

I do not have a chip on my shoulder, never have done. I hate being patronised and wound up by a fucking freak. Everybody hates know alls! Nite.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 19:22
tiompan wrote:
Yes , you were blethering weren't you ?

Your'e no more an Irish traveller than Daniel o' Donnel .

Why is that those who can't argue about the topic in question just want to talk about themselves or just attempt to be rude with those that disagree with them .

I am just going to call you a cunt. Daniel O' Donnel? You obviously have no taste in referencing music!

Lisdoonvarna - Christy Moore, Declan Sinnott & Donal Lunny - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRYW55rFC24
TMA Ed
615 posts

Feb 14, 2017, 19:24
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=58979

Bye.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index