38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Stone circle etiquette
Feb 19, 2015, 17:12
Mustard wrote:
I don't think it's a problem asking someone nicely if they wouldn't mind moving while you take a couple of shots. I've done that on occasion, and people have generally been obliging. Other times, I've waited patiently for people to move (not so patient on the inside, but hey), but most times I've just been extremely adept at Photoshop (handy hint - if people are moving around, and not just static, take multiple shots from the same angle, and you can then clone between shots to make one completely people-free shot).

Quite with you there. Polite requests are just that. Failure to comply? Simply sit right in front of them or roll around on the ground in front of them making funny noises. They soon shift.
(I should state here that I was once stopped in my tracks by chancing upon an amourous couple at Carn Ban on Arran. Sometimes you just "know" that it ain't appropriate to interrupt. I wasn't turning back, I ciouldn't go forward and going to either side wasn't an option. It was an awkward. wait.. but every time I think of Carn Ban I smile...)

For non-Photoshoppers the free Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor) programme is free and very good. Take multiple shots from the same angle and hack them up and let Microsoft stitch 'em together minus the intruders.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index