146 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: Just a word
Mar 06, 2013, 23:09
Rhiannon wrote:
Bladup, you say to Nigel "who are you to speak for others, they all have their own voices and as far as i know don't need you speaking for them".

I'm sure you don't want or need my opinion but when Nigel and Harestonesdown have stuck their heads above the parapet, I want to show there are others who feel the same.

People don't really come here for an individual's opinions on politics and the church and whatever else, especially when they're given so aggressively. It's too much. They come here because (like you) they love the prehistoric sites and want to talk about those.

These two points are really well put-

"People have repeatedly given you a lot of latitude here because, I suspect, they think you genuinely don't know how to behave properly. You shouldn't mistake that for approval though."

"It's not about approval, or even acceptance, it's about conducting yourself in an appropriate manner. .. there's no give and take".

I think it's very polite and considerate advice. This is a very tolerant place in the grand scheme of the internet. If posters show a bit of respect for each other, they get a bit of respect back from other posters. If they don't, they don't get any back, like real life. If you respond that you don't care what others think, why would you join a 'community' style website like this? There's no need for the aggressive ranting, there is a delete button.

It's like listening to a bad schoolteacher, and i didn't even read it all blah blah blah, who do you think you are lecturing me, on here we all only answer to the Ed's not you, the place needs some livelying up because it's all a bit dull otherwise, I've done nothing wrong and the rest is just your unimportant thoughts, well even then you just pasted someone elses, the person who called someone "a cocksucking "££%$^" on here once, why not go have a go at him, oh no you talk to him, what have i done compaired to that, i'll answer for you - i've done nothing wrong, you don't like the way i go about things and i don't like the way you think i have you to answer to, it seems even and fair to me, you leave me alone and i will you, seems fair to me, but you keep having little goes, i don't do that to you, just don't tap on my name and i can't annoy you then, easy as abc.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index