bladup wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:
by saying that everything people feel at these places is just in their heads,

I don't think he said/meant that Paul, maybe a misinterpretation ?

Either way, maybe just agree to disagree ?

I've never agreed with him ever, so we always have to agree to disagree but i don't think you can misunderstand - " I have a suspicion that there is a genuine placebo effect at work at many circles whether old or modern, arising from a pleasing proportionality", if he doesn't feel anything, how can anyone else? it's just silly, he's saying the feeling you sometimes get at circles is just because the stones are in a pleasing shape, that's more in your gardening world geoff than anything to do with the position of stone circles that mark real circles in the landscape, at stone circles the land gives the impression of spiraling into the circle and the circle is always just off center, the position is already in the landscape, he seems to be saying that they're just a pleasing on the eye circle of stones, thats it, i'm just wondering what interests him then, as there's no mystery to him at all, I for one "feel" all the ritual that went on at these places, my lad has always had the same thing, he was only 3 when he wouldn't go into the Druid's circle because of what he said went on to children there!!! [he'd not heard me say anything about the place, i'd not even been before].

Paul, you have a certain "passion" and views that most wouldn't subscribe to, i don't myself, and whilst i do agree the sites are "special" each individual will interpret that in their own way as you do. With respect your interpretation is waaaaay out there compared to most and whilst i respect your views i can't subscribe to them. I guess my views in your eyes would come across as passionless in comparison, though that doesn't mean being at a special place has no meaning to me, it does, which answers your question ie "why bother" ?

I'm not having a dig mate, just saying we're all different.
I doubt there's anyone using this site that's had more "run ins" with the membership than myself, some of them very intense but ultimately it serves nothing bar earning you a ban and a lost voice, which none of us want, but you can bet your bottom dollar the mods will show you the door if you don't stop taking things so personal, which you do ! Take a leaf from my book, you have to let things go or your head will explode. :)

My first comment [i see nothing wrong at all] - " At least she has faith in something, If someone stands in Stonehenge on their own and "feels" nothing, i'd say that person has no soul, This is madness - do you really think that everything people feel at these places is just Placebo? With your interest on the subject i don't think you really do, is this the self proclaimed "troublemaker" at work again?" Do you?, and i'll just be myself [i am what i am] and let them tell me if they've got a problem not you, talk about the pot calling the kettle black, i'll never be nowhere near as bad as you [and i read some of the nasty homophobic stuff], your not the right person to tell anyone how to behave on here.

I may not be as sprightly as yourself these days Paul but i invite you to call me homophobic to my face, over the solstice. ?
Now put your dummy back in and grow up ffs, you really do yourself no favours with this attitude, nor the site.

I read it and the Ed's certainly thought it was you, I read Goffik been abused and Moth and Jane, it was horrible reading Goffik's because i remember thinking your not just abusing him here but all Gays reading as well, you say it wasn't you, but it was your Megadread name used, i have my doubts [as the Ed's do], and i'd dare say anything to anyones face, but that would only happen if me and mine gets abused, then you'd see, try it!!!

Ok i'll bite, one last time.
Going on the megameet picks Goff certainly isn't gay. :)
Moth and Jane ? as i asked before give me one single reason i'd have any sort of problem with either ? Guess you aren't aware i often see posts on Facebook through mutual friends i could respond to in any way i chose if i cared to. :) Let me make this clear for you, I'VE NEVER HAD NOR HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH MOTH OR JANE, you got that ?
I've never tried to hide my feelings towards certain people here, whilst at the same time extending an open invitation to share my knowledege either here or in person with the same people. Thing is Paul you move on, it's the internet and people tend to act in ways they wouldn't in person, sometimes through misinterpretation, ooh there's that word again, maybe you should look it up. : )

Heads you win, tails i lose, but credit me with a little sense. ;)

https://tails.boum.org/

Why you get banned then? I don't like homophobic people, i scored weed off a lovely gay man for years in Lincoln, and nobody can help how they're born, Who do you think did it in your name then! cause if it wasn't you somebody certainly had it in for you, you'd be better off admitting it and saying sorry, but i don't think you are, at all, lets just all forget how hatefilled it was and move on eh, well i don't like homophobic's, i don't think this is how you get kicked off, you get kicked off by been homophobic, it was the Ed's that told everyone what you'd done, i'm a night owl so read it myself, i wasn't born yesterday, you wouldn't believe the sort of things i got away from by leaving Lincoln, your arguing with the wrong sort of person.

Do you still think (as previously) i have multiple accounts here ? or were you wrong in that assumption ?

I'm going on reading it myself and the Ed's telling everybody what you'd said and that you'd been banned, they must have thought it was you or it's defamation of your character, and they must think you'd have no chance in court or they wouldn't have said anything [they didn't need to], i wasn't born yesterday and my little girl would see though your poor attempts at adverse psychology.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index