Re: Wind turbines at Rudston
Sep 12, 2012, 17:46
juamei wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
juamei wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:

I didn't like the tone of Sanctuarys post regarding choosing where to live and liking being around people who are 'slow to change', I will admit.
That seems like veiled language to me, but I won't make accusations.

That's just as well then because if you were hoping for a response from me you'll be disappointed because that's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. I'm done on this if that is the kind of reaction one gets to a perfectly innocent post and won't be contributing to your offerings again.

What is ridiculous? That I think it was veiled language?
Well, I happen to think it was.

The point about moving out to rural devon to be around people who are 'slow to change' and the intention of saying what a 'bummer' it must be if you 'can't choose where you live' were not lost on me Mr S.

Completely lost on me! Care to expand?

Care to contribute to the thread at all or have you just come for the money shot?

We all like a good argument don't we, eh? But rather than turn it into a festival of "he said/no, he said", i think its proabably best left where it is, unless you have anything to add about thread, that being the proposed turbine at Rudston.

Tbh I was all about the money shot... That and people abstractly pointing fingers but refusing to back it up is annoying, so I wanted to confirm or deny for myself who was in the right or wrong or whether it was paranoia or justified.

RE the turbine, lots of hot air for nothing, the setting is no longer there for the monolith so what's to spoil. We should focus efforts on cadw and friends allowing windfarms on moors they couldn't even be bothered to walk on before pronouncing them archaeology free...

Fair enough, I was very defensive in my retort there. Apologies.

To be honest i'd rather not argue with anybody but I suppose these kind of topics do tend to go that way, especially when you feel you are in a minority.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index