Living Heritage Threat

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Re: Living Heritage Threat
Oct 26, 2010, 12:44
Disappointing.

Not exactly surprising - but disappointing, just from the sheer fuckin' inevitability of it all. What a bunch of miserable shits this government are turning out to be.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Oct 26, 2010, 12:47
Re: F/T (Fox topic)
Oct 26, 2010, 12:47
Sanctuary wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
That is insidious and abhorrent. To present such a fundamental moral issue as the killing of senitient creature for sheer pleasure under the guise of 'open mindedness' is not education, but indoctrination.

I'm stunned at how low some humans are capable of stooping to.

I know exactly how you feel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11627772
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 12:48
Kid Calamity wrote:
What a bunch of miserable shits this government are turning out to be.

Bravo.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Oct 26, 2010, 12:52
Oct 26, 2010, 12:52
nigelswift wrote:
So he thinks the ban is a mistake 'cos it's difficult to enforce? Isn't that because it's not a ban, it's a series of loopholes put there by his lot to help his mates avoid it being enforced? He could try actually banning it. Or would that be hard to enforce because 200 people on horses tooting horns and dressed in scarlet would be hard to see?

While they gallop around the countryside and enjoy it by terrorising and killing its inhabitants.
vivid
103 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 14:08
I can barely stay in this thread as the horrors are on the verge of overwhelming me, but I just want to add my support. I am a country dweller born and bred and I've known far too many hunters and shooters. I also abhor every farmer I've ever known - people think because they are country dwelling farmers that they are the experts of the 'ways of the contryside' and its management. They're not. Mono culture. DDT, organophosphates etc. Ripping up hedgerows + destroying ecosystems. BSE. You know the list.

In my experience, farmers will exploit people, animals and the land for maximum profit and I've witnessed some horrors, believe me.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 15:16
vivid wrote:
I can barely stay in this thread as the horrors are on the verge of overwhelming me, but I just want to add my support. I am a country dweller born and bred and I've known far too many hunters and shooters. I also abhor every farmer I've ever known - people think because they are country dwelling farmers that they are the experts of the 'ways of the contryside' and its management. They're not. Mono culture. DDT, organophosphates etc. Ripping up hedgerows + destroying ecosystems. BSE. You know the list.

In my experience, farmers will exploit people, animals and the land for maximum profit and I've witnessed some horrors, believe me.

So very true in a lot of my experiences as well, sadly.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: F/T (Fox topic) (now Deer)
Oct 26, 2010, 17:58
vivid wrote:

And more bad news I've just heard. A reported trophy hunter from the South East has shot Emperor of Exmoor the fantastic deer that was 9ft tall. This majestic beast cut down and just left lying dead in a field. He became a bit of a star filling the national papers and that probably caused his demise. It really saddens me to see these animals slaughtered for no more than a bit of fun. What a lot of sick people there are about who actually enjoy this 'sport'.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 19:26
The Sea Cat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
That is insidious and abhorrent. To present such a fundamental moral issue as the killing of senitient creature for sheer pleasure under the guise of 'open mindedness' is not education, but indoctrination.

I'm stunned at how low some humans are capable of stooping to.

I know exactly how you feel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11627772

Sorry SC, I didn't realise you'd posted on this already when I sent mine in earlier this evening. I'm still as mad as I was before though. Grrrrr
strathspey
79 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 19:59
The Sea Cat wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:

Bravo.

This is only a few months in, give them a full term and lets see how we feel - if there hasnt been full-blown civil war by then.
strathspey
79 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 19:59
The Sea Cat wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:

Bravo.

This is only a few months in, give them a full term and lets see how we feel - if there hasnt been full-blown civil war by then.
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index