Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Re: Monu-Mental About Prehistoric Dublin
Nov 16, 2006, 18:55
FourWinds wrote:
bawn79 wrote:
Probably a cost think I expect.

Yup. Full colour would have placed the book somewhere around 25 euro. The cheap way of getting colour in there is to put in a section of colour plates - maybe next time around.

I would've paid that!!

Love the book Tom, it makes me yearn to get back over there and have a good old poke around. ;-)
ryaner
ryaner
679 posts

Nov 16, 2006, 20:08
FourWinds wrote:
Drimnagh is the main one.

Is there anything to see still there? I'd say Drimnagh is on the city/county border…

FourWinds wrote:
A second tomb near to Ballybrack and a wedgetomb near to the coast just north of Dun Laoghaire spring to mind as two lost monuments.

…Ballybrack and Dun Laoghaire would be county…

FourWinds wrote:
There's a standing stone inside the porch of the Norman church next to St Patrick's Cathedral, which I entirely forgot about!

Now that's worth checkin out!
Mister_Mister
25 posts

Nov 19, 2006, 22:32
Does this book have leylines listed in the index?
wolfnighthunter
wolfnighthunter
588 posts

Nov 19, 2006, 23:14
Just made a little order through the site for a certain book Tom, any chance of getting the author to sign it?..

cheers..
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 20, 2006, 18:08
wolfnighthunter wrote:
Just made a little order through the site for a certain book Tom, any chance of getting the author to sign it?..

cheers..

'tas been done and posted. Thanks for buying it (and that goes for everyone that has done so!) Hope it lives up to the hype. It's selling well so far. I'm nearly out of stock. I wasn't expecting it to sell as quickly as it has been.
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Marvellous....!!
Nov 20, 2006, 19:52
What perfect timing, as I will be partaking of my 2nd trip to Dalkey in a matter of weeks!! When I get back from this trip to Germany I'll be purchasing 2 of these!! (OR do I drop a very large hint to 'The Worlds most perfect man' as it is nearly Xmas.. hmmmmm) ;o)

Congratulations!!
xxx
wolfnighthunter
wolfnighthunter
588 posts

Nov 23, 2006, 22:30
Got the book today Tom, many thanks....

First impressions of the book, it looks really good, well written and should be a helpful guide when we eventually make it over the water..

cheers again..

ps...one day, hopefully not too far off, i might be able to send you a copy of something i am working on;)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 24, 2006, 07:54
Many thanks.

I am probably right in guessing that any tome you write would be on the subject of rock art. If so then I look forward to it. Even though Ireland has loads it doesn't compare with the quantities now being found around GB and it's seemingly impossible to find most of it. Hence, I love a good book about Rock Art! I am about to buy Stan Beckinshall's new book and can't wait to spend a few nights drooling over stuff I will most likely never get the chance to see.
wolfnighthunter
wolfnighthunter
588 posts

Nov 24, 2006, 19:21
FourWinds wrote:

I am probably right in guessing that any time you write would be on the subject of rock art.

yeah you are spot on Tom, some of you may have noticed my passion for rock art, though i do love a good standing stone or circle, the book will indeed be based on the rock art of Galloway. I have not set myself a time scale yet, but watch this space.........

Tom maybe you should try and get to the RAM07, taking place in Galloway.

wolfy
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index