Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Monu-Mental About Prehistoric Dublin
Nov 24, 2006, 20:49
wolfnighthunter wrote:
Tom maybe you should try and get to the RAM07, taking place in Galloway.

Now that sounds like a date I may have to try to make. Have dates been set yet? I would love to go on a trip knowing that I'll see something special, rather than thinking that I'll be doing the rock-art-hunters-jig .... i.e. zig-zagging backwards and forward across a hillside staring at my feet and getting frustrated by the distinct lack of rocks with anything approaching art on them.

Mind you, I will be revisiting some of the ones I do know how to find at some point in the new year. I have just bought a second flash and can now do some funky master/slave side lighting stuff :-)
wolfnighthunter
wolfnighthunter
588 posts

Nov 24, 2006, 21:35
Hi Tom,

the date is set, but i just need to sort a few fine details out then i will release the dates etc..

hope you can try the new flash setup on something like Cairn X1, it might give a good shot.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 24, 2006, 21:59
wolfnighthunter wrote:
hope you can try the new flash setup on something like Cairn X1, it might give a good shot.

That's what I'm hoping. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll find out :-)
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Nov 24, 2006, 22:52
FourWinds wrote:
some funky master/slave side lighting stuff :-)

Yowsa. Hours of wholesomely oblique photonic fun.
Looking forward to seeing the results.
postman
848 posts

Nov 25, 2006, 18:26
FourWinds wrote:
wolfnighthunter wrote:
Just made a little order through the site for a certain book Tom, any chance of getting the author to sign it?..

cheers..

'tas been done and posted. Thanks for buying it (and that goes for everyone that has done so!) Hope it lives up to the hype. It's selling well so far. I'm nearly out of stock. I wasn't expecting it to sell as quickly as it has been.

Save one for me pleeeease, I shall be ordering next week
postman
848 posts

Dec 04, 2006, 21:16
Hi Tom, have you got any of your books left or are you sold out ? Because I'd really like to order one tomorrow possibly a signed one?
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Dec 04, 2006, 21:24
Hi postman

Yes, there's a few left and I'm ordering some more in tomorrow anyway.

Cheers

Tom
postman
848 posts

Dec 04, 2006, 22:43
FourWinds wrote:
Hi postman

Yes, there's a few left and I'm ordering some more in tomorrow anyway.

Cheers

Tom

Thank's very much looking forward to it
CianMcLiam
CianMcLiam
1067 posts

Dec 04, 2006, 22:49
Does that mean your planning a trip to these parts? Did you manage to take in any Dublin sites on your last visits? Love the photos at Lettergorman and the misty Templebryan, those cows at Lettergorman had me literally in stitches! An effin great pic..
postman
848 posts

Dec 05, 2006, 14:08
CianMcLiam wrote:
Does that mean your planning a trip to these parts? Did you manage to take in any Dublin sites on your last visits? Love the photos at Lettergorman and the misty Templebryan, those cows at Lettergorman had me literally in stitches! An effin great pic..

The closest stones to Dublin we saw were the punchestown whopper and Tara to the north, in just 6 days I saw 21 places from Newgrange to Drombeg and would love to return ASAP as soon as funds allow.Lettergorman cows were well scary.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index