Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: Megalithic Paintings
Oct 08, 2006, 14:19
Jane wrote:

Jesus H Christ-on-a-bike. If you know you're not going to like a thread then don't read it. Problem solved.

Seconded. Goodness WIT (Whatisthat wittering on about) you got up in a snipey mood this morning.
Moss
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Oct 08, 2006, 15:53
whatisthat wrote:
Moth wrote:

But some of us aren't capable of making a database, so....

Perhaps a wiki would be better than a forum? Community editable pages that can present poems in a way that can be easily browsed but which will also accommodate the banter and general brain farting.

Yes, mebbe it would - but again, a lot of people don't know what a wiki is or how to use it.

Why not just leave it to the Eds?

love

Moth
whatisthat
255 posts

Oct 08, 2006, 17:56
Jane wrote:

Jesus H Christ-on-a-bike. If you know you're not going to like a thread then don't read it. Problem solved.

Ahh but I might miss something...

Thanks anyway Jane for your no nonsense 'on yer bike' feedback and advice :-).
whatisthat
255 posts

Oct 08, 2006, 18:03
moss wrote:
... you got up in a snipey mood this morning.

Yes. My photo had slipped off the front page! Boo hoo :-(
nigelswift
8112 posts

Oct 09, 2006, 06:03
Ahh but I might miss something...

You puzzle me. You slag off the threads rather unkindly yet Meg Poems has been going for 18 months and 38 people have contributed, so it must be doing something right. One of them was you, very recently - "I like visiting Megalithic Poems. It's like sitting by a stream on a sunny day. Thank you stone of small proportions ;-)"

If you've now changed your mind then please follow Jane's advice and don't look. Your criticism of the platitudinous nature of the responses on there have rather made the plasticine go hard for me and I'm not keen on being involved further if every word is being assessed for originality.

If the Eds have any problem, that would be different.

Nigel
(who has given up quarrelling but can still get pissed off)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Non TMA Images please
Oct 09, 2006, 09:20
Please ensure you post images only to paintings that aren't already in the artistic section of Site posts - and then, if worthwhile and if copyright allows, consider adding them as site posts.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Non TMA Images please
Oct 09, 2006, 09:30
I should have said - obviously that doesn't mean not posting a link to a painting that's already here and commenting about it.
CianMcLiam
CianMcLiam
1067 posts

Painter, painting megalithic site!
Oct 10, 2006, 01:28
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/post/52436

Artist Richard Moore painting Newgrange by moonlight on 10/10/06, follow the links under that post to see more of Richards wonderful paintings of the Boyne Valley monuments...
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Edited Oct 10, 2006, 06:01
Re: Painter, painting megalithic site!
Oct 10, 2006, 05:59
Cian

Is that a bit of fence in this photo? If so what is it around? Are they kerbstones I see in there?

This photo doesn't have it. I see that the one tree has been removed, too.
CianMcLiam
CianMcLiam
1067 posts

Re: Painter, painting megalithic site!
Oct 10, 2006, 07:25
The fence is around the group of kerbstones exposed on the east, K51 and the one on either side, it was replaced last year sometime when they replaced all the fencing around the two entrances and it really uglies up the view of dowth from this side. The tree is still there, I just kept moving around until it was against the highest point of the mound and not visible in the photo. You must be using a TFT screen? The mound is almost pure black on my crt but I can see the fence just about if I tilt the laptop screen a bit.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index