120 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Avebury 2005
Jun 27, 2005, 08:03
Yup - welcome from me, too...

I do hope my recent postings haven't sullied anyone's opinions of me. I'm quite placid normally! Bad manners really get my goat, though... That'll do on the subject as far as I'm concerneed...

As mentioned waaay up there - I liked your pics. Very nice! All I tried to do in my first post was to try to point out that saying "candles are bad" without giving a reason is just bad practise. I know you didn't put it there in the first place. That, coupled with the fact you were unaware of any damage it could do pretty much leaves you off the hook, doesn't it?

I think we had a discussion a wee while ago about raising awareness about such things - suggesting putting signs up, for example, describing the problems the burning and littler cause. Wonder if it's worth contacting EH or NT again to see if they can do anything about it? People are generally unaware rather than ignorant of these things... "What damage can my little votive offering cause?"...

I promise I'll try not to get wound up with anyone on here any more. I know I've already gone against that once this morning, but I'm fed up with it all now. Sorry! :oD

G x
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index