Avebury & the Marlborough Downs »
Avebury 2005

120 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dan Mills
7 posts

Re: Avebury 2005
Jun 26, 2005, 21:00
why do you lot argue the toss with each other? I honestly thought that this site would be a worldwide gateway to ppl who have an interest in this country's heritage not providing a soapbox through the anonymity of online forums for ppl to vent their angst and make associative guilt accusations!?

If you think that the country's heritage would be better in the hands of the the zealous attitudes that seem to be coming across in this discussion then It's a good thing It's in the hands of the national trust and english heritage as these sort of posts only reflect upon the childish devisions, attitudes and opinions that would offer the antipophy of a viable alternative.

I have worked in many protests and sat in discussions with english heritage and national trust and if they were conducted in this manner we would have gotten nowhere fast!

I will elaborate more when i'm not in a pub on my mobile phone but for my first post it feels like the 24 hour party people who wreck the annual celebrations by the language and general discourse!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index