Avebury & the Marlborough Downs »
Avebury 2005

120 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dan Mills
7 posts

Re: Nice photos Dan
Jun 26, 2005, 23:49
Thankyou, I don't know what the hell spawned all the candle problems but like Mercury ppl seem to like to shoot the messenger!

Seriously I read some of the posts and do beleive that there are some rational headed ppl out there posting, I like the bricky's comments about being in the construction, not the destruction, industry and building houses for a living and that being ethically satisfying ; very down to Earth in many of such senses and meaning of the word! (sorry m8 can't recall your tag).

I honestly thought we'd got the whole photagraphic ethics thing out the way many years back..... Photographers do "what it says on the tin" , we objectively record what we see; I found the whole Belsen analogy posted previosly, analogous: Does the Photographer have an ethical duty toward the reception of his work? In some extreme cases YES, if it is inflammatory, grevious, damned nasty, uncontributing to photo journalistic discourse, malle, or diformed? But in most cases NO we are jounalists, from the word 'jounal' to record, make records.

I suppose in retrospect I may have launched a harsh attack on "SmallBluePlanet", but I feel that she is aggressive, known to be so, and moreso preaching "guilt by association" when she works for the MoD? Well sorry but I can sleep at night whereby I would have trouble doing so by her very same fulcrum of argument.......

To elaberate briefly I have served my local area, Derbyshire, well across the years doing reasearch and presenting it in a proper and appropriate manner to the authoritative bodies involved with success...... My point being that you don't get anywhere by reinforcing the stereotypes that such people have, in the past certainly, upheld about ppl like you and I by creating childish discourse and arguing amoungst yourselves!

Nuff said for now........
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index