Mar 23, 2005, 19:16
I calculate it at midnight on the 14th April,
PeteG
StoneLifter
StoneLifter
1594 posts

Re: The Avebury Journal
Mar 23, 2005, 19:37
Yes, I'm back to front. That's the next northernmost event between Sanctuary and Silbury. I've never seen either so I have no image of the landscape whatsoever. I'm hoping to have another shot at the moonset in Smithills then.

The southernmost standstill event is the moonrise on the morning of April 1st. I've calculated it at 02:18 for Avebury but I don't know when British Summer Time begins this year. The moon should rise above the Southern Entrance, as seen from behind the Z-Stones; in the Last Quarter phase. It's so important it'll inevitably rain.

I spent an hour and a half on top of a freezing Bolton moor watching for a moonrise ninety degrees away from where it actually was. By the time the standstill gets exact, next year, all these practise manoevres might seem worthwhile.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Mar 23, 2005, 20:01
British Summertime begins this Sunday morning (27 March). I envy you your first sight of Silbury.
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Mar 23, 2005, 21:50
Shame that only one half of the story is told........but you're only interested in one side though aren't you? But all you appear to be interested in is confontation, not solutions.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 23, 2005, 22:07
Pardon?
You've comletely lost me there.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Mar 23, 2005, 22:41
What do you mean, sbp?
J
x
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Mar 23, 2005, 22:52
I'm not sure exacty what it is you see as confrontational?
People reporting observations? News from within the area?
People climbing on stones?
You could always write to HA and your comments will be considered to add to any of the news items.
PeteG
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Mar 23, 2005, 23:04
Some of the things you write have another side to them, some of the things you write are not completely true and some of the things you write are out of date.
........for instance have you asked questions of the organisations that care for the monuments? and if so what are the replies?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 23, 2005, 23:09
Eh?
Have you read the Avebury Journal?
Which bits aren't true?
daveyravey
daveyravey
357 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 00:05