The Avebury Journal

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Re: The Avebury Journal
Mar 24, 2005, 13:01
Assume for a moment that I spend my life techying & looking at bumps in the ground, not researching your posts on here to find out who you are.

Who are you?
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 13:06
Now I understand the confusion. The Modern Psychictarians forum is thata way ---- >>>
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 13:08
Juggling at Devil's Den? Been there, done that (didn't see any 1LLU though ;( )
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 13:10
'... I again wrongly assumed that TAJ was trying to emulate the Grauniad not the Star...'

Not trying to emulate anything at all. And it's just a blog, not a newspaper.

'I had assumed that you knew who I was and where I get my information from?'

Yes of course I know who you are, sbp, and where you get your information. Which is why I keep inviting you to email me privately and let me know have your detailed comments or other newsworthy items that could be incorporated into TAJ.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 13:15
Thank you Rhiannon. The HA team (which I shan't name individually but which I am proud to be a part) have worked VERY hard to create this blog. I hope it's informal, news-in-brief, commenty style will engage readers and encourage debate over the issues we raise in it.
J
x
Sounder
Sounder
303 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 13:15
The pages look cool - can't see where it says HA are the only people worried about the issues raised - must be missing soemthing:)

last time i visited avebury in feb someone was climbing on one of the stones - i asked him not to climb on them and the reply was: 'people have been climbing on them for thousands of years'

i could have replied by lecturing on the damage caused to the stones/lichen but in my frustration my reply was:

'hope you fall off!' which caused my wife to laugh out loud!
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 13:16
Haven't touched it, 4Ws. (Oooh, what a giveaway.)
:-)
J
x
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 13:34
exactly, it's engaging and makes me feel like if I spotted something similar (like the digging without permission) your esteemed organisation would know what should be done next. It's not at all written in the critical picky way some people were implying. It's 'commenty' and informal as you say but it's still serious and useful. Onward!
StoneLifter
StoneLifter
1594 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 13:36
There's a holed (correctly 'perforated') stone at Mitchell's Fold that is massively under-recorded. Do you suppose the picture here by 'Prince Harry' is actually by Prince Harry ?
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 13:39
Great tip off, SL. I shall look out for that tomorrow.
J
x
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index