Sites for Sore Eyes

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Sites for Sore Eyes
Sep 05, 2003, 09:23
I just love this forum - even though i'm stuck up north behind a monitor all day and cant get out to the meets or walks without a major bout of planning, I feel part of a really close community. Trouble is, theres so much interaction it gets confusing as to who is who and it would be nice to be able to put a face to a name. Paulmakesmusic made inroads into this a while back with the offer to TMAers to shove a mughsot and potted bio on his site, and many did - but i'd like to be able to put a face to a name in the TMA profile section, so that when i do get out and about and spot a fellow drude, ill have a better chance of recognising them!

This has probably been raised before, but there seems t have been a few new adopters recently, who may also appreciate the opportunity to 'see' their fellow enthusiasts..

or is it just me...?

Wondering Wotan
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Re: Sites for Sore Eyes
Sep 05, 2003, 09:27
na! Its just you!
:)
P
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 09:27
The TMA profiles already have photos don't they? Or are you wanting something different?
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re: Doltism
Sep 05, 2003, 09:37
Doh - its probably just me - the profiles ive looked at so far havent had mugshots in 'em - i'll have to have a closer look.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 10:19
I agree with you Wotan, especially the bit about belonging to a community. And I like to look at people's profiles and to find a photo of them there, it makes me feel I know that person just a little bit more. I know this site is primarily about the stones, but it is inescapably about people, too.
treaclechops
treaclechops
378 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 11:15
If you see a tin of Lyle's Black Treacle resting nonchantly on a lump of oolitic limestone, that would be me . . . so much more stylish than Roy Hattersly as a tub of lard . . . ;o)

treaclechops xx
baza
baza
1308 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 11:22
"Out of the strong came forth sweetness"

Very apt, if I may say so.

baz
treaclechops
treaclechops
378 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 11:29
Bless you, sir . . . . :o)

treaclechops xx
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 11:29
Dear Jane,

Your photo is just plain scary!

Love

Tom
treaclechops
treaclechops
378 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 11:33
You should've seen the ones I took last Friday evening . . . ;o)

treaclechops xx
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index