The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Sites for Sore Eyes

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe lux
301 posts

Composting
Sep 05, 2003, 20:58
To make an 8 by 10 print, I too have to live without cropping, I can't imagine what size a sensor a digicam would need to be able to forego the need for full-frame composition!
treaclechops
treaclechops
378 posts

Re: time and print
Sep 05, 2003, 21:02
I knew there was a reason I abhorred colour hand printing too!

treaclechops xx
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: A pedant speaks
Sep 05, 2003, 21:13
Hi Earthstepper, a pressure or graphic tablet is a device that tracks your hand-stylus movement and pressure, so you can 'paint' or edit on the screen, it's far more accurate than trying to dodge and burn using a mouse, for instance.

hope that helps!

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=005fur
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 21:51
Sounds great! Gave up dodging, burning and drawing with a mouse long since. Will ask Santa for a pressure tablet soonest. Thanks
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 21:56
I just want (want want want!) a pressure-sensitive 45% angled Trinitron CRT flat screen 21 inch monitor that I can draw on. Bah.
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Re: neolithic community
Sep 05, 2003, 22:30
Look forward to seeing your mugshot, mate. Like your style! Just read your user profile - I feel very much the same as you do. My other personality is all Norse. Am quitting this year, but you can see my alter ego at http://www.vikingsforschools.co.uk/
treaclechops
treaclechops
378 posts

Re: I want never got . . . more's the pity
Sep 05, 2003, 22:32
I want a nice Hasselblad/Mamiya 645/Nikon FM3

<sighs loudly> Oh, arse . . . . :o(

treaclechops xx
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Re: I want never got . . . more's the pity
Sep 05, 2003, 22:50
Hmmm - I've shed all weight, sold my Bronica and all filters except an 81B which I use permanently screwed to my Nikon F50. Sometimes, just to be really retro, I dig out my Nikon F. - the Vietnam War photo-journalists' original war horse. Solid, chunky and no batteries to fade at high altitude. Also have an ancient Leica, but that's just an icon. Nice chatting, but wouldn't it be easier if we had some chatrooms?
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Composting
Sep 06, 2003, 09:45
That's my problem with buying a digi SLR. I have looked at the D30, Morfe. What is that? 5 Mega-doobries? Still not as good as my Hasselblad C500 ... must get that fixed!
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: AE1: Curses and Gnashing of teeth
Sep 06, 2003, 10:57
Most photographically fortunate of Morfes,

I reckon you're right. Checked in a mag.
It might have tipped the balance in making the decision to save up, but having to buy new lenses as well... (Deep sigh)

Was it worth it though?
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index