The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Sites for Sore Eyes

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe lux
301 posts

Lucky lucky lucky!
Sep 05, 2003, 16:39
Well, we had to literally buy AND sell our (rented) apartment at a profit over a period of three months in order to pay for Morfeticia's treatment, health and recovery in the UK, luckily there was enough left over to buy a camera so we bought a D60, THEN the manufacturer released a revised, BETTER version called a 10D a few months later, that cost so much less than we paid I was nearly physically sick.

Flash yanks my arse, why, I oughtta...

(mind you , the folks a block away from here would buy a car for the weekend, or a jetski for a showoff jape)

(FW, have you hought about a 10D or used EOS D30? Do you have canon lenses already?)
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: Don't do this at home
Sep 05, 2003, 16:40
Q: Is it acceptable to use an image generated by pressing the face on a flatbed scanner?

A: No it's not, in fact, it's actually a good way to accidentally blind yourself.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: Lucky lucky lucky!
Sep 05, 2003, 16:44
Can you use the lenses from an AE1?

(geek monitor icon now flashing, must think about football, must think about football...)
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: probability of art
Sep 05, 2003, 16:44
Photographers are largely a purist lot by nature, with their own foibles. I find that using digital MAKES me more critical of the original capture than ever before. But i can't see why there is so much disparity, photography is surely the art of manipulating light into the desired result? Nothing more, nothing less.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 16:50
Aye, Iv'e met a few like that,
I reckon that digital offers more opportunity than film to manipulate the effects of the original light, e.g. photoshop, video projections, web-based stuff and whathaveyou. Then you can always re-work it till your hearts content. Cheaper, bigger printers would help though.
morfe lux
301 posts

AE1
Sep 05, 2003, 17:07
Hello Hob, as far as I know, the EOS cameras support EF type lenses only?
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 05, 2003, 17:14
Beware of photoshop and it's ilk, it's great for doing basic lightroom stuff (the light equivalent of the traditional dakroom), or creating works from scratch, but I've seen so many photos ruined by judicious filters and bad colour management. I think a lightroom is far less bad chemicals, and far less workspace, so it works for me, being a control freak and having a 5x3 ft area available to work in!

Regarding priners, an A3 photo printer isn't too expensive, or do what I sometimes do and find a lab with a Fuji Frontier printer, which will give you 'traditional' prints from your own CDR. I'm in the business of producing fine art prints, and as such am incredibly picky, but the Fuji lab do a 90% faithful job on images, which is more than good enough for non-limited editions.

Hope this helps

morfegeek :-)
treaclechops
treaclechops
378 posts

Re: Lion Down
Sep 05, 2003, 18:48
Don't know about the logo, but the quote is from Judges 14:14 in the King James Version of the bible:

Judges 14
14 And he said unto them, Out of the eater came forth meat, and out of the strong came forth sweetness. And they could not in three days expound the riddle.

So that's fairly old!

treaclechops xx
nickbrand
nickbrand
431 posts

Re: Lion Down
Sep 05, 2003, 18:54
I can remember that particular logo and motto from the very early 60's, so it's at least 40 years old.
morfe lux
301 posts

Purists
Sep 05, 2003, 18:58
I just read back over that last post, and it looks like I was suggsting maybe T'chops was a purist, I wasn't ! I use the royal 'they' when I mean 'us' or 'one', it gets me into lots of trouble.

Maybe no-one else thought this, maybe I'm being attacked by plastic mutant spoons, maybe they're watching me>? Who's that?
Quick, the cupboard, no it's full of Frosties and rubberbands put there by Satanites to stretch my credulity, AGHY, ARGH, argh

*sobs*

hic.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index