Soundtracks To Our Lives w/e 15/2/03

40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives w/e 15/2/03
Feb 16, 2003, 18:26
Borrowed 'Last Splash' and 'Title TK' by The Breeders from the library. Enjoyed both. Jogged memory of another song ('Red Shoes'), so had to listen to 'The Real Ramona' by Throwing Muses as a consequence, and have been playing this quite a lot since.
Also borrowed 'Let it come down' and bought 'Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space' for £1:00, both by Spiritualized. Both are OK, though one song had me thinking of 'Bird On A Wire' by Leonard Cohen. (I've got his 'Greatest Hits' on CD somewhere, but couldn't be arsed to dig this out!)
Also tried Leila 'Courtesy of Choice' from the library too. A bit dreamy, this one.
Thoroughly enjoyed 'The Big Bash' compilation given away with the NME, and 'Up Yours! Punk's Not Dead' given away with MOJO.
Had a couple of CDs from Carlos arrive in the post on Friday. Pato Fu sound like they'd be a blast to see live... Put me in mind of The Levellers! Also, Os Mutantes, a late 60s Brazilian psychedelic band! Still getting to grips with this one!
Deltron 3030 has been playing in the car whenever I've gone out.
Oh, and I've played 'Document' and 'Green' by REM. Don't like 'Document' all that much.
And Bowie's 'Low', Warlocks' 'Phoenix' and Massive Attack v Mad Professor's 'No Protection' were the soundtrack to my painting on Friday.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index