Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives w/e 15/2/03
Feb 16, 2003, 15:03
A Belated Hello

And here goes with this weeks listening

Porcupine Tree In Absentia – gearing up for the tour rather nicely only two and a half weeks to go and counting 8-)
Also by the Tree a live MD from the Bloomsbury Theatre 1999 has kept me company on the way to work. And finally on a Tree note the Fan club only extended Moonloop EP I thought I had lost this forever and I found it on Tuesday or Wednesday amongst my 7 inch singles phew - bliss

Found myself in a heavy Caravan listening phase this week with In the Land of Grey and Pink, If I Could Do it Again and For Girls That Go Plump in the Night all getting some airplay

Camel – Mirage – a stunning piece of mid 70’s prog bought it and then found the whole back catalogue had been reissued with bonus tracks at £6:99 – bloody typical looks like a few trips to my local record store may well be in order.

Hawkwind- Chronicle of the Black Sword – my love/ hate relationship with this record continues, this week it aimed to please and missed.

Deep Purple 'Inglewood Live In California' thank you for sending this down Fitter its good a rough and raw live document of the first Deep Purple line up - good stuff

Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon – my all time favourite record of all time 8-)
Also dusted down The Wall Live actually better than The Wall studio which I find horribly stilted

Roger Waters – Amused to Death regular readers may recall I raved on about this record for a sizeable chunk of the summer and my feelings about it haven’t changed. Its been absent from the play list for a while but with all the bad shit which is going in the world at the minute it felt rite to drag this one off the shelves again. I wish that I had gone to the march yesterday but I didn’t.

I think that mite be everything in a rare moment of madness I actually made a list of this weeks tunes which I have promptly lost so I there are probably a few things absent from this weeks Soundtrax oh well……

That’s me
Joolio

Still Raining, Still Dreaming
Now playing a compilation called Bombay Jazz Palace (courtesy of Jazzy B) great and occasionally cheesy jazz works outs with plenty of sitar all over the place great stuff – I’ll drop a copy of this with you next week Boot and I’ll sling one in the post for you Moey

;-)
Now have I got time for a cup of tea before heading off to work?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index